Detail from Betty Tompkins’s New York studio. Photo by Emily Johnston for Artsy.
1. Understand what kind of environment most inspires you
Rachel Grobstein, Ajax, 2015. Courtesy of artist.
Rachel Grobstein, Eggs and Toast, 2015-16. Courtesy of artist.
2. Treat tidying as an important project and give it your full attention
José Lourenço, Let's paint...!, 2015. Courtesy of the artist and Things Organized Neatly.
3. Categorize your materials and tools, then divide and conquer
Detail from Genieve Figgis’s County Wicklow studio. Photo by Doreen Kilfeather for Artsy.
4. Keep only materials that spark joy and let go of the rest
Rachel Schmidhofer, wax owl, 2017. Courtesy of artist.
Rachel Schmidhofer, Rox, 2015. Courtesy of artist.
5. Always remember to thank your work
See how Bombay Sapphire supports artistry.