Accounts Payable Clerk
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for handling Artsy’s vendor bills and maintaining our accounts payable ledger. The A/P Clerk will be tasked with logging vendor invoices in Artsy’s accounting system, obtaining approvals for vendor bills, and performing monthly reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of Artsy’s books and records.
As Accounts Payable Clerk, you will join the Finance & Accounting function at a dynamic tech company, reporting directly to the Controller. The Accounting team is responsible for all financial reporting, as well as invoicing customers, and making payments to vendors and employees. Members of the Accounting team have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Artsy’s business. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about being a part of a rapidly evolving company and role in which they will directly support the scaling of an increasingly complex financial organization.
As Artsy’s business continues to diversify and grow, the Accounts Payable Clerk will ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner and that Artsy’s books and records are accurate. This will help Artsy to maintain positive vendor relationships and make important business and strategic decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including accurately reviewing, coding, obtaining approval for, and processing vendor invoices
- Prepare the weekly (soon to be bi-weekly!) check run and ensure that all bills are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain accounts payable reconciliations as a part of the month-end close (including corporate credit card reconciliation)
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable
- Address and respond to vendor and internal Artsy team inquiries
Who You Are
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience with accounts payable or general accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently, as well as contribute to the needs of the Accounting team, and the Artsy business at large
- Ability to maintain an uncompromising level of accuracy and prioritization while juggling a large amount of information
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite
What We Offer
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This is a full-time position and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.