Art Fair Relations Intern (Winter/Spring 2018)
The Art Fair Relations Intern supports Project Managers in managing Artsy relationships with art fairs. This professional contributes to the production of the digital presence of art fairs on Artsy (microsite, profile page, paid promotion via banners/emails/etc) as well as any initiatives and/or events taking place on-site at fairs, contributing to projects and helping to ensure deliverables are provided successfully.
- Support Project Manager in managing multiple consecutive relationships and delivering upon contractual agreements with fairs around the world
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams at Artsy (Design, Marketing, Social Media, Experiential Gallery Relations, Gallery Partnerships, etc.) to help the Project Manager in launching a tailored online experience for fair partners including but not limited to – content acquisition, production of a microsite including an online catalogue of fair and editorial coverage, promotional banners/emails/social media promotion.
- Actively communicate updates to Project Managers and teammates internally, ensuring adherence to a timeline and deadlines for deliverables
- Support the creation of comprehensive internal and external reports at the end of each fair, documenting all aspects of the partnership including – microsite analytics; commercial performance report with inquiries, sales, and social media statistics; and any other relevant aspects of Artsy's collaboration with the fair
- When applicable, support the Project Manager in coordinating a tailored in-person experience in collaboration with cross-functional teams at Artsy. These presences may include a booth, special project, signage, branding event, collector cultivation event, social media influencer event or exhibitor event. Coordination of these presences may involve coordinating with Artsy staff, vendors and contractors as necessary
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, respect for process
- Flexibility, openness; Ability to handle pressure in collaborating on the production of up to 15 fairs per month, across regions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Frequent, open and articulate communication; An appreciation for collaboration and working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivation and proactiveness
- Familiarity with how art fairs work and who their audiences are. Passion for the art market and providing access to collectors and art enthusiasts around the world
- Comfort navigating language barriers and working with international partners; Fluency in foreign languages is an added advantage
- The ideal candidate for this position has work experience in the contemporary art world or at a marketing, design or consulting firm
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. Our vision is a world where art is as popular as music. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.