Art Fair Relations Project Manager
The Art Fair Relations Project Manager will foster and manage Artsy's relationships with small, medium, and large art fairs, to successfully achieve desired goals and outcomes.
The Art Fair Relations Project Manager will carry out all aspects of the digital presence of art fairs on Artsy (microsite, profile page, banners, emails) as well as any initiatives and/or events taking place on-site at fairs, determining what resources, processes, and other materials will be necessary to complete projects on schedule and on budget and drawing up plans for every phase of execution. The Project Manager also manages cross-promotional contract requirements.
- Simultaneously manage multiple relationships across small, medium, and large fairs.
- Seek out ways to contribute to relationship development, maintenance and expansion, externally (fair) and internally (Artsy staff), being an advocate for the fair internally.
- Help art fair to keep work within scope of agreement and for in-kind partnerships deliver on cross-promotional needs in alignment with Artsy’s brand and message.
- Serve as the project manager and liaison between fair organizers and cross-functional teams at Artsy (Design, Marketing, Social Media, Engineering, Editorial, Special Projects, Gallery Relations, Gallery Partnerships, etc.) to launch a tailored online experience for fair partners including but not limited to management of content acquisition, development of a microsite encompassing online catalogue of fair and editorial coverage, promotional banners, marketing emails, social media promotion.
- Create and actively manage timeline, budget and list of deliverables for each relationship – ensuring that deadlines are met, expenses are kept under or on budget, and that deliverables meet both Artsy branding and technical requirements as well as any fair requirements.
- Actively communicate milestones, technical and design and any fair requirements to teammates internally, ensuring clear understanding of business goals and needs.
- Actively communicate milestones, technical and design and any Artsy requirements to fair organizers, maintaining productive working relationships with fair staff.
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Highly articulate individual with a solution-based approach who enjoys working across different teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible and open to managing at least 16 art fairs per year, across regions and specialties and depending on the needs of the team.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of handling pressure.
- Experience managing projects, including creation and management of schedules and budgets, strategic planning and special initiative development through project and program management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with relationship management.
- Highly analytical individual, who also has the creative insight to implement a strategy that translates each fair’s program online, while continuously assessing results and adapting the strategy as required to ensure a successful partnership. Ability to visualize complex processes and long-term planning are a must.
- Familiarity with how art fairs work and who their audiences are. Passionate about the art market and providing access to collectors and art enthusiasts around the world.
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.