Associate Creative Director
Join Artsy’s Editorial team. Reporting to Artsy’s Head of Editorial and Creative Director, the Associate Creative Director will play a critical role in conceptualizing and executing sponsored content initiatives, including: videos, multimedia features, research and data-visualization projects, and other digital experiences.
Working with multiple teams—Editorial, Experiential, Content Sales, and Social Media—the Associate Creative Director will participate in- or lead brainstorms, formulate concepts, oversee the direction of sponsored content projects and creative briefs, and will provide creative direction and internal support during the execution of projects. You will work with a team who believes that user experience and alignment with the Artsy brand should be the primary drivers in concept development, while also creating meaningful experiences for our partners.
EXAMPLES OF SPONSORED CONTENT PRODUCTIONS WE HAVE EXECUTED:
- Artsy x BMW Future of Art
- Artsy x Gucci Artists for Gender Equality
- Artsy x UBS 360 series Inside the Biennale (nominated for “Best Use of VR/AR” category in the Digiday Publishing Awards)
- Artsy x UBS The Art Market (in Four Parts) (Shortlisted for The One Show advertising award, included in the 2017 Brand Film Festival for “Brand Documentary,” and syndicated on Crackle network)
Who we’re looking for:
- You currently work at- or have worked at a content studio or creative studio within a media organization, and you know how to conceive and produce editorial experiences (versus advertising campaigns). You should have background working within an editorial team or sponsored content/branded content team.
- You are an inspiring and skilled creative thinker who has demonstrated a skill and passion for storytelling and belief in editorial experiences that deliver on high quality and high integrity; and you have a portfolio of work that you are proud of, whether non-sponsored editorial features you have produced or branded content pieces that feel authentic.
- You have a strong visual sensibility that you can clearly articulate, but you are not rigid in your thinking.
- You take pride in creating simple but compelling concepts, beautiful decks, and other materials necessary to guide the development of an idea from an exciting idea to actual execution.
- You are a great collaborator who works seamlessly across teams; and you are an inspiring people manager who believes in building on the strengths of a team while simultaneously coaching through any weaknesses.
- You can skillfully and calmly manage multiple projects at once and set clear priorities and related workflow(s) for yourself and potential collaborators.
- You have a secret (or not so secret) passion for- and knowledge of contemporary art and the art world, and ideally some background in art history.
- 6+ years in an editorial position and 2+ years experience in related role, developing and leading creative concepts for content creators, publishers, and/or clients
- A portfolio of work, whether non-sponsored editorial features you have produced or branded content pieces that feel authentic. Your portfolio should include work where you played a central creative or production role; when sending, please note your contribution for each project.
- Video production experience, notably the ability to understand budgetary considerations when developing concepts and understanding the various levels of production needs when working with external production companies or talent
- Ideally a trusted network of producers and production companies or creative agencies, as well as directors, photographers, and other creatives who are talented, reliable, and can work efficiently to produce a beautiful end product (that you’ve ideally worked with before)
- An understanding of- and passion for art and the art world
- Proven track record collaborating with other creatives and across teams in an inspiring way (e.g. Editorial, Sales, Marketing)
- Proven track record of creating experiences that align with a brand’s values while providing meaningful experiences for viewers/readers and partners
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé, cover letter, and a PDF portfolio of your creative work here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Your portfolio should include a description of your role and contribution for each project.
Please note: This position requires an editorial background. Candidates with strictly graphic/UX design or art direction background should visit Artsy’s Jobs page for related positions.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.