Associate Director, Gallery Relations
We are seeking an ambitious leader to manage and develop our Gallery Relations Team in Europe and Hong Kong.
The Gallery Relations Team manages our relationships and drives customer success with commercial galleries, sustaining Artsy’s long-term mission of making art accessible to everyone. This is a unique opportunity to bring the art world online, and help galleries develop the strategies they need to succeed in the 21st century.
As Associate Director of Gallery Relations, you will drive and manage partner retention and engagement across our European offices (UK and Berlin) and our Hong Kong office, leading a team of account managers to ensure the success of our partners in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Working within Artsy’s biggest division, you will manage a significant percentage of Artsy’s revenue, with the goal of retaining, engaging, and upselling our partners in support of Artsy’s long-term mission and success. Bringing together Artsy’s core value of “art x science,” you will be responsible for driving key business decisions through informed analysis and data. This role reports to the Director of Gallery and Art Fair Relations at Artsy.
- Contribute to and drive strategy within the Gallery Relations team and overall listings business.
- Manage and develop teams in Berlin, London and Hong Kong, helping them achieve their goals and reporting on their key performance indicators.
- Mentor, coach and train team, working with the Director and Associate Director, North America to identify knowledge gaps and develop learning and development strategies.
- Oversee resourcing for our European, African and Asian subscriber base, working with business analysts and sales team to refine regional projections and workloads.
- Create and refine processes to ensure customer retention, product engagement, and revenue growth from our suite of products and services.
- Work productively with the Gallery Partnerships (Sales) Team to successfully onboard, upsell and retain partners.
- Work with our marketing team to develop campaigns and customer-facing documentation specifically for our European, African and Asian customer base.
- Recruit new account managers.
- Experienced with B2B customer success. You have a proven track record leading a customer success or customer success ops team.
- Adept at motivating your team to achieve their goals.
- An expert communicator who is interested in understanding the needs of and teaching a team to communicate effectively with a diverse array of clients.
- A strong analytical thinker, and you know how to use data to drive better customer success.
- All In–you are excited to align your work and life purpose; you share our values (detailed below) and vision for creating a world where art is as ubiquitous as music.
- Bonus points: Experience in the art, fashion, or luxury markets is helpful but not required. Fluency in one other European language is a plus, but not required.
This position is full-time and based in London, UK, and starts immediately. Applicants must be authorized to work in the UK.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.