Associate Project Manager, Art Fair Relations (Temporary Position)
The Associate Art Fair Relations Project Manager fosters and manages Artsy relationships with art fairs around the world, ensuring he or she has a clear understanding of the desired goals and outcomes that Artsy has in covering or partnering with each fair. This professional carries out all aspects of the digital presence of art fairs on Artsy (microsite, profile page, banners, emails) determining what resources, processes, and other materials will be necessary to complete projects on schedule and on budget and executing on plans for every phase of each partnership. The Project Manager also manages cross-promotional contract requirements.
- Simultaneously manage multiple consecutive relationships and deliver upon contractual agreements with fairs around the world.
- Seek out ways to contribute to relationship development, maintenance and expansion, externally (fair) and internally (Artsy staff), being an advocate for the fair internally.
- Help art fair to keep work within scope of agreement and for in-kind partnerships deliver on cross-promotional needs in alignment with Artsy’s brand and message.
- Serve as the Associate Project Manager and liaison between fair organizer clients and cross-functional teams at Artsy (Design, Marketing, Social Media, Engineering, Editorial, Special Projects, Gallery Relations, Gallery Partnerships, etc.) to launch a tailored online experience of fairs including but not limited to management of content acquisition, development of a microsite encompassing online catalogue of fair and editorial coverage, promotional banners, marketing emails, social media promotion.
- Create and actively manage timeline, budget, and list of deliverables for each relationship – ensuring that deadlines are met, expenses are kept under or on budget, and that deliverables meet both Artsy branding and technical requirements as well as any fair requirements.
- Actively communicate about deliverables, milestones, deadlines to teammates internally, ensuring smooth collaboration and a clear understanding of partnership goals and needs.
- Actively communicate about deliverables, milestones, deadlines to fair staff and client contacts, ensuring a healthy and positive relationship with fair partners.
- Create comprehensive internal and external reports at the end of each fair documenting all aspects of the partnership including information on microsite analytics, inquiries, sales, social media statistics and any other relevant aspects of Artsy's collaboration with the fair.
- Assess fairs relationships’ individual components and comprehensive impact for learnings and improved efficiencies for the next iteration of the event.
- Be available year-round for meetings and conversations leading up to renewal of partnerships, managing relationships to ensure consistency in tone and approach.
- When applicable, serve as the project manager and liaison between fair organizers and cross-functional teams at Artsy (Design, Marketing, Social Media, Engineering, Editorial, Special Projects, Gallery Relations, Gallery Partnerships, etc.) to execute a tailored in-person experience. These presences may include a booth, special project, signage, branding event, collector cultivation event, social media influencer event or exhibitor event. Coordination of these presences may involve managing Artsy staff, vendors and contractors as necessary.
- When applicable, involve coordination with Artsy Product team for partnerships in which new product features are expected as part of the services provided by Artsy.
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, respect for process
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility, openness; Ability to handle pressure in collaborating on the production of up to 10 online features per month, across regions and niches
- Highly articulate individual with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, solution-based approach to collaboration
- Experience managing projects, including creation and management of schedules and budgets, strategic planning and special initiative development through project and program management.
- Self-motivation and proactiveness
- Familiarity with how art fairs work and who their audiences are. Passion for the art market and providing access to collectors and art enthusiasts around the world
- Fluency in foreign languages; comfortable navigating language barriers and working with international partners
- Highly analytical individual, who also has the creative insight to implement a strategy that translates each fair’s program online, while continuously assessing results and adapting the strategy as required to ensure a successful partnership. Ability to visualize complex processes and long-term planning are a must.
- The ideal candidate for this position has a BA in Art History and 4+ years of work experience in the contemporary art world or at a marketing, design or consulting firm.
This temporary, full-time position, starts immediately and will last approximately 8 months (through April 2018).
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.