Auctions Collector Relations Liaison (UK)
Artsy Auctions aims to be the online platform for fostering the next generation of collectors by providing a beautifully designed bidding experience and making artworks from auctions around the globe accessible to anyone with an internet connection.
On the Auctions Collector Relations team, you will contribute to reaching this goal by working closely with the Artsy Auctions team to manage communications with both our collectors and auction house partners.
As an Auctions Liaison, you will manage auctions from start to finish - from curation to close - and represent Artsy’s technological integration with auction events and salerooms across the globe.
- As an Auctions Liaison, you will contribute to reaching our goal by working closely with the Artsy Auctions team to manage communications with both our collectors and auction house partners
- You will be the front lines of the team at large, and address client inquiries with the goal of selling artwork on Artsy
- Manage auctions of all types of artworks from start to finish - from curation to close - and represent Artsy’s technological integration with auction events and salerooms across the globe
- Act as an Artsy ambassador at auctions by traveling to domestic and international auctions and representing Artsy bidders in the saleroom
- 1-5 years experience in art or related industry
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK
- This is a challenging role that requires experience handling a large volume of digital content and managing time-sensitive deadlines within a fast-paced work environment
- The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative and communicative self-starter with interest and experience in project management
- A proven ability to work calmly and patiently under pressure
- Flexible schedule, ability to travel, and attending auction events outside of standard working hours
- Ability to juggle multiple communications from different types of clients
- Passion for the arts and auction
- Meticulously detail oriented
- A can-do attitude
- A willingness to adapt to changing processes
- Ability to travel regularly
- Experience in auction and/or live bidding (plus, but not required)
- Knowledge of French, Italian and/or German a big plus
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our London offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.