We’re looking for a highly-organized and self-motivated project manager to support our growing roster of commercial and benefit auction partners in Europe.
Artsy Auctions aims to be the online platform for fostering the next generation of collectors by making artworks from auction houses around the globe accessible through a beautifully designed bidding experience. The Auctions Liaison is integral to reaching this goal by managing the day-to-day relationships with our commercial and nonprofit partners and ensuring the seamless integration of their sales on Artsy.
Working closely with Artsy’s Senior Auctions Manager and Artsy Auctions team in London, the Auctions Liaison will be responsible for:
- Leading communications with our auction house partners via email or over the phone
- Creating and managing timelines for producing auction pages and related content within a fast-paced work environment
- Collaborating internally with Partnerships, Collector Relations, and Product teams and externally with our auction partners to execute on timelines and content production
- Managing the intake of a large volume of digital content for our commercial and benefit auction partners, which includes formatting artwork metadata spreadsheets and images for our site
- Organizing Artsy’s technological integration into auction events, which includes clerking and bidding in auctions on behalf of Artsy’s collectors or managing iPad Kiosks at annual fundraising events for benefit auction partners (all of which may require local or international travel)
- As an integral part of the team, the Auctions Liaison will have the unique opportunity to experience all facets of online auctions, from partnerships to product development, and get an inside view into the expanding online art market.
- 1+ years of experience in the commercial art world, preferably at a global fine art auction house, with strong interest in the contemporary art market
- Experience in project management, including but not limited to client communications, conception and implementation of timelines, and ability to troubleshoot
- Experience working with artwork metadata and familiarity with auction house cataloguing practices, and has an acute attention to detail
- Familiarity with auction saleroom logistics, including bidding and saleroom etiquette
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills, and has practiced this in a customer or client facing role
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – can excel under time-sensitive deadlines and think strategically to problem solve when necessary, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations
- Ability to hustle and has innate sense of self-motivation – has the drive to succeed, can work independently, and is dedicated to finding creative solutions and helping out when there’s downtime
- Ability to work independently and as a team – has excellent collaboration skills, would not shy away from asking questions, voicing his or her ideas, or asking for help in difficult situations
- Fluency in working with Mac computers and the Google suite, particularly in Sheets
- Capacity for frequent travel within the UK, Europe, or internationally
- Strong, working proficiency in Italian, French, or German – Italian is highly preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our London offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.