Auctions Partnerships Manager
As Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for driving the vision and business of Artsy Auctions by bringing and retaining the highest quality auction partners onto Artsy’s ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Artsy Auction team leadership and the auction partnerships team to set Auction Cadence, KPI’s and Calendar.
- Research auction house market - sales, revenue, categories and calendar.
- With the auction partnership team, develop prospect list, cultivate and steward partnerships with new and existing auction houses to help Artsy’s long term GMV.
- Continually stay abreast of developments in the auction business.
- Build a robust rolodex of contacts in the auction world both at executive and biz dev level.
- Work with Leadership and Finance to ensure that our partnership offerings have sound business impact on Artsy bottomline.
- Collaborate with counsel on partner agreements.
- Collaborate with auction operation and collector relations managers and liaisons on onboarding partners into the Artsy platform.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully abreast of the state of each partner’s expectations and needs.
- Understand partner needs and use Biz Dev opportunities to drive innovation in product and processes.
- Communicate business and partnership updates to stakeholders.
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Core competencies: Sales and deal making; partner empathy; collaborative, analytic and highly-detailed oriented
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication - written, over the phone and in person. Good with word processors, spreadsheets and powerpoint. German language skills strongly preferred.
- Experience: 4-6 years Experience in the art market (preferable auction house), 2-3 years of biz dev experience in structuring multi year deals.
This position is full-time and based in our brand new offices in London, UK, and starts immediately.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
We don’t see ourselves as a business with employees. We see ourselves as a community of people with a common purpose and common values.
As such, there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results that are aligned with our shared purpose. And that you work with us to achieve those results in a way that is aligned with our shared values. We look for people who act like the CEO of their area of responsibility and collaborate with no ego in service of Artsy's mission.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of “a world where art is as ubiquitous as music,” Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience working with us:
Art x Science: We believe in the value of both logic and intuition, data and emotion, in our communications, our design, our code, our decision making, and our people. We celebrate the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science are brought together, and we look to create that magic in everything we do.
People are Paramount: At Artsy we believe in people. We spend an extraordinary amount of energy to find the best person in the world for a particular role, and accordingly we treat them like the CEO of that role once they are hired. This means there are no specific work hours, no pointless bureaucracy. You will have complete autonomy and responsibility. Artsy only cares that you achieve inspiring results in a way that is aligned with our values.
Quality Worthy of Art: We believe in creating an experience that is worthy of all the world’s art and the countless lifetimes of dedication that artists have committed to their craft. In recognition of this, we strive to go a step further than what is required in everything we do. We believe the best long term quality comes from rapidly shipping and iterating in the short term.
Positive Energy: We believe in being inclusive and focusing our energy on what makes us happy and excited as opposed to what we don’t like. We take ownership of our negative feelings and use them as opportunities for greater self-awareness. We believe in a positive, supportive, and collaborative culture.
Openness: We believe in getting out of our comfort zone in order to be more open with each other whether that means sharing positive encouragement, critical feedback, or simply sharing our emotions and feelings as they arise. We are also open to receiving feedback no matter how painful it is to hear. We believe in manifesting a more open world where more people have access to art, and can express themselves and connect with others through art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.