Auctions Partnerships Manager
As Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for driving the vision and business of Artsy Auctions by bringing and retaining the highest quality auction partners onto Artsy’s ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Artsy Auction team leadership and the auction partnerships team to set Auction Cadence, KPI’s and Calendar.
- Research auction house market - sales, revenue, categories and calendar.
- With the auction partnership team, develop prospect list, cultivate and steward partnerships with new and existing auction houses to help Artsy’s long term GMV.
- Continually stay abreast of developments in the auction business.
- Build a robust rolodex of contacts in the auction world both at executive and biz dev level.
- Work with Leadership and Finance to ensure that our partnership offerings have sound business impact on Artsy bottomline.
- Collaborate with counsel on partner agreements.
- Collaborate with auction operation and collector relations managers and liaisons on onboarding partners into the Artsy platform.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully abreast of the state of each partner’s expectations and needs.
- Understand partner needs and use Biz Dev opportunities to drive innovation in product and processes.
- Communicate business and partnership updates to stakeholders.
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Core competencies: Sales and deal making; partner empathy; collaborative, analytic and highly-detailed oriented
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication - written, over the phone and in person. Good with word processors, spreadsheets and powerpoint. German language skills strongly preferred.
- Experience: 4-6 years Experience in the art market (preferable auction house), 2-3 years of biz dev experience in structuring multi year deals.
This position is full-time and based in our brand new offices in London, UK, and starts immediately.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.