Collector Relations Manager, Private Sales
Artsy is a seeking a Collector Relations Manager who is highly-organized, self-motivated and driven to sell works to Artsy’s global network of art collectors. The Collector Relations Manager will also apply their experience and art world sales knowledge to collaborate on product development in an effort to automate the private sales business.
The Collector Relations Manager will serve as a conduit between our vast network of gallery and auction house partners and global user base by promoting current commercial and benefit auctions as well as facilitating private sales. Integral to this role is building relationships with our auction partners and gallery partners. A successful manager will convert auction browsing to bidding and bidding to purchases, all while maintaining high quality data for both the auctions and private sales businesses. In addition, the Manager will collaborate regularly with Artsy’s product and engineering teams to improve the efficiency of the private sales protocol and user experience.
Artsy Auctions aims to be the online platform for fostering the next generation of collectors by providing a beautifully designed bidding experience and making artworks from auctions around the globe accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Unlike other online art companies that sell art themselves by consigning their own auctions or e-commerce sales, Artsy partners directly with the leading players in the art market––including auction houses––to connect them with a global audience of collectors who are interested in purchasing their for-sale works. Artsy has hosted more than 40 auctions over the last year (including auctions with Christie’s, Sotheby’s, Phillips, and Heritage, among others).
Private Sales Management
- Reviewing underbid activity in current Artsy Auctions and sourcing comparable works from Artsy’s global network of gallery and institutional partners.
- Securing works for offer to underbidders by negotiating details such as asking price and commission rate with Artsy’s gallery partners.
- Composing private sale offers to underbidders and sending in a timely fashion, usually within ~24 hours of an auction’s closing.
- Facilitate all Private Sales conversations by connecting Artsy users with gallery partners, institutional partners and auction houses as needed.
- Following up at all points in the conversion funnel in order to achieve the highest level of sell-through, to capture all related data, and track status of all conversations.
- Methodically capture all relevant data from all conversations in the Google tracking document and Salesforce database
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Finance (for end-of-month invoicing) and Gallery Relations for partner management
- Working closely with Product and Engineering teams to create tools for automating the Private Sales process and to improve the user experience.
Being a brand ambassador for Artsy when dealing with partner specialist, collectors and other entities.
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Core competencies: Detail oriented, self-starter who demonstrates the ability to work independently, reliably and efficiently. Display Customer empathy, and analytic proficiency.
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication - written, over the phone and in person. Good with word, spreadsheets and powerpoint.
- Experience: 5+ years experience with art market data and estimation, experience working in an art gallery or auction house, experience working with art collectors.
This position is full-time and starts immediately.To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.