Collector Relations Manager
Artsy is seeking a Collector Relations Manager to develop and grow auctions on Artsy, building bespoke experiences for both collectors and our Auction Partners.
The Collector Relations Manager will be responsible for maintaining the following:
- Manage and execute a high volume of auctions on Artsy in three major categories: Live auctions, online only auctions and benefit auctions
- Conduct market research on artists included in upcoming Artsy Auctions
- Identify user segments for auction outreach and facilitate email marketing of the auction lots to Artsy’s collectors
- Curating works to include online only auctions
- Suggest starting bids for benefit auctions and communicate pricing strategy to the auction partner
- Liaise with collectors through the duration of sale and post sale to maximize outcome for Artsy and our partners
- Attend auction events and bid on behalf of Artsy bidders during live sales
- Responsible for closing out an auction and reconciling the auction’s account with Finance
- Represent collectors’ and partners’ interests during internal Product brainstorms or review meetings
- Work with Analytics team to continuously improve our demand and supply data.
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- 5-10 years experience in the art industry, or related industries
- Ability to manage day-to-day sales management, while also developing strategies for scaling auctions on Artsy
- Detail oriented, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently, reliably and efficiently
- Some after hours work and an ability to travel required
- Customer centric with high level of empathy
- Excellent interpersonal communication - written, over the phone and in person.
- Analytic proficiency and comfortable using Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with art market data and estimation, experience working with art collectors recommended but not required.
This position is full-time and based at our beautiful offices in downtown Manhattan, and starts immediately.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.