Artsy is seeking an intern to service as the administrative engine of our Consignments business.
The Consignments Intern will gain valuable experience and visibility into both the secondary art market, as well as serve an important role within an exciting and growing part of the company. They will facilitate conversations between our users and our business partners in support of converting works submitted to works consigned (and eventually sold). They will also be responsible for data entry, which is critical for maintaining visibility into the success of the business and for decision-making.
- Monitor and develop all consignment requests with goal to convert as many inbound leads into successful consignments
- Methodically track status of all inbound consignment leads and organize relevant data
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Finance, Analytics and Auctions team to maintain and improve our internal record-keeping and data
- Conduct market research on artists and artworks by utilizing internal and external databases
Ideal Competencies, Skills or Experience
- Core competencies: Detail oriented, self-starter who demonstrates the ability to work independently, reliably and efficiently. Display Customer empathy, and analytic proficiency.
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication - written, over the phone and in person. Good with word, spreadsheets and powerpoint.
- Experience: Experience with art market data and estimation, experience working with art collectors highly recommended but not required.
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.