Director of Analytics
Artsy is looking for a senior analytics leader to build out our analytics team and take product and business analytics at Artsy to the next level.
As Artsy’s Director of Analytics, you will help senior leadership solve complex problems in novel ways, grow and lead a team of senior data scientists and analysts, and help define our technical strategy and roadmap. You will develop both the data infrastructure and the quantitative culture that will allow Artsy to most effectively take advantage of its data.
- Democratize access to data: Enable everyone at Artsy to access the information they need to do their jobs well
- Support decision makers at Artsy with the insight they need to be strategically impactful
- Maintain trust in data: Hold the truth for the whole company, resolving data integrity questions quickly
- Scale our data infrastructure: Collaborate with engineering to make investments in technology that enable us to continue to grow our impact alongside our data
- “Data science is best viewed as a form of company culture, rather than a set of technologies.” Support and develop the quantitative culture at Artsy
- You have at least 7 years data science/analytics experience, with 3+ years of management experience (preferably in a B2C technology company)
- You have a strong vision for the strategic role data plays in both product and business contexts, combined with the technical acumen to enable that vision
- You have demonstrated ability to recruit and develop a world-class analytics team
- You have a deep data engineering and analysis toolkit, with a proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and data-centric projects using quantitative approaches
- You are an expert at statistical programming and large scale data wrangling
- You’re energetic, curious, thoughtful and passionate about defining problems and reaching conclusions
- You are excited to be part of a product and engineering culture that values collaboration, innovation, quality, and both internal and open-source impact
- You have strong communication skills; you are able to clearly and approachably discuss complex technical subjects with non-technical decision makers
Artsy is the largest art marketplace and most comprehensive art platform in the world. Join us to use that platform to manifest a world where art is as ubiquitous as music.
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.