Director of B2C Marketing
The Marketing team at Artsy seeks an experienced consumer-focused marketing leader to head up our B2C marketing team and develop our long term consumer strategy.
We believe that art and self-expression elevate the human condition and lead to a more conscious, connected, and empathetic world. By engaging more people with art and empowering them with access to art market information, we will lift the fog of opacity and exclusivity that keep 99%+ of potential art buyers on the sidelines. And by removing the art market’s friction points–30-40% costs and 3-6 month sale cycles–we will raise the frequency of buying and selling. Given the market’s current inefficiency, only $66B of art’s $3T in assets trade annually. We believe our platform can expand that market into the $100’s of billions, growing Artsy’s business and supporting a much larger, more vibrant, and diverse art ecosystem.
At the pinnacle of the luxury goods space, art plays a significant role in visual culture and its narrative, bringing a unique set of challenges and opportunities for a marketing leader. This is a high-impact, high-visibility position that will greatly contribute to Artsy’s vision of a future where everyone is moved by art every day.
As the Director of B2C Marketing you’ll have a unique role —representing the marketing organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Product, Operations and Client Relations) to create marketing plans that build awareness and drive consumer adoption of these nascent categories for Artsy. You’ll obtain deep art market knowledge to help drive growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, and design).
- Develop Artsy’s B2C digital marketing vision and a comprehensive digital marketing strategy — as well as short and long term plans — in line with corporate strategy and business goals, designed to educate and acquire new customers, increase retention and customer loyalty, grow sales, improve marketing operating efficiency.
- Continue to build a world class B2C digital marketing function that embraces innovation and delivers results. Bring new ideas, creativity, and insights to the entire marketing discipline at Artsy
- Lead development and execution of all digital marketing channels for B2C: paid search, SEO, affiliate, media partnerships, social media, and mobile.
- Lead development and execution of digital marketing analytics and reporting with a focus on CRM, web analytics, customer insights, web analytics and market research. Grow an understanding of consumer habits (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ensure alignment of all digital strategies, tactical programs, communications, and activities across all marketing channels.
- Work closely with business owners to understand specific digital marketing needs, prioritize them, and allocate resources appropriately.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders (Merchandising, Planning, Creative, Product, Operations, Finance) to prioritize and develop the ecommerce roadmap for key initiatives.
- Identify new marketing opportunities to drive the business.
- Develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization.
A successful candidate will be highly proficient regarding digital marketing, personalization, mobile, social media, and customer loyalty, as well as ecommerce. You have a verifiable track record of superior professional accomplishments and innovation in the retail sector (ideally luxury goods market).
- 12+ years relevant B2C digital marketing experience, in online retail and/or lifestyle marketing
- Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience leading a multi-functional and disciplined digital marketing organization
- Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to leverage performance data and convert consumer insights and trend data into high impact digital marketing initiatives.
- Experience using data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Heavy experience working cross-functionally and building innovative marketing plans from the ground up, to drive category adoption and growth.
- Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact based argument and be results/metrics driven.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Sharp creative eye; experience testing and learning messaging and creative; experience in brand building efforts. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across cross-functional teams.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Comfortable working against tight timelines in a fast paced tech environment.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
- Highly proficient in excel.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.