Director, Sales & Customer Success Operations
The Galleries, Fairs and Institutions team at Artsy seeks an experienced sales professional to lead operations across sales and customer success for our gallery subscription business.
We believe that art and self-expression elevate the human condition and lead to a more conscious, connected, and empathetic world. However, like music before the radio and record player, the art world today is small, insular, and hard to access–especially if you live outside major cultural hubs.
We believe that by engaging more people with art and empowering them with access to art market information, we will lift the fog of opacity and exclusivity that keep 99%+ of potential art buyers on the sidelines. And by removing the art market’s friction points–30-40% costs and 3-6 month sale cycles–we will raise the frequency of buying and selling. Given the market’s current inefficiency, only $66B of art’s $3T in assets trade annually. We believe our platform can expand that market into the $100’s of billions, growing Artsy’s business and supporting a much larger, more vibrant, and diverse art ecosystem.
You will work closely with our Head of Galleries, Fairs and Institutions (your manager) and key members of the GFI leadership team, including the Director of Sales and Director of Gallery and Fair Relations, to scale and manage the Sales & Customer Success Operations function.
While GFI is our most mature business, we estimate there are still tens of thousands of galleries worldwide that currently do not use Artsy; many of which are targets for our subscription business. As Director of Sales & Customer Success Operations, you will spearhead efforts to help the sales team effectively capture prospects while also helping the customer success / partner relations team retain and grow the customers we already have.
This is a high-impact, high-visibility position that greatly contributes to an already successful business with thousands of customers worldwide.
- Evaluate market sizing / segmentation
- Design and track analytics, flag trends / issues and make recommendations to leadership
- Work with leadership on the design of sales territories to maximize production
- Work with leadership to design sales and customer success compensation / incentive programs
- Work with leadership on identification of sales training needs
- Forecast sales pipeline
- Track and report performance (rep level through to business level)
- Manage disputes / exception requests
- Roll-out programs (e.g., incentive programs / competitions across sales and customer success)
- Continuously evaluate sales and customer success processes and recommend changes to drive efficiency
- Manage systems and tools (e.g., CRM); Recommend changes to drive efficiency
- Coordinate across sales and marketing to optimize lead generation processes
- Analytical and detail-oriented–you are fluent in Excel and comfortable with sales and customer success / account management analyses
- Proactive–you are always one step ahead, thinking about the next way we can maximize the success of our sales and customer success efforts
- An effective collaborator– you know how to gather input and contributions from multiple teams while moving projects forward with extreme agility and focus on deadlines
- A great communicator – whether through Slides/PPT, Excel or verbally, you communicate with clarity and precision
- Experienced in B2B– multi-year experience working with B2B sales and customer success organizations to drive growth
- Excited to align your life purpose with Artsy’s mission of creating a world where art is as ubiquitous as music, and you share our values (detailed below)
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.