Director of Sales Operations
Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries. We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Operations leader to drive revenue growth through the optimization of sales and account management processes and technical infrastructure.
As Director of Sales Operations, you will shape our internal operations across our entire marketplace to drive more revenue opportunities. Success in this role means improving our operational excellence and helping to evolve our go-to-market strategies globally. In this position, you will oversee a small sales operations team while making critical contributions to our technical infrastructure.
- Oversee team metrics and performance tracking, reporting key trends to upper management
- Review sales data to identify trends and convert into actionable sales processes and tactics.
- Identify opportunities for sales and retention optimization
- Build out processes and infrastructure to support sales lead enrichment, pipeline management, forecasting, and analytics.
- Manage sale and retention forecasting and territory/segment assignment
- Work with finance to support LRP and annual planning..
- Manage our technology, including our Salesforce Platform and integration between Marketo and Salesforce.
- Assist the partnerships marketing team with maintenance of our prospect and customer lifecycles.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years work experience in sales operations, preferably at a fast-paced SaaS company.
- Highly analytical and results oriented
- Ability to manage a small team and to work as an individual contributor on technical architecture
- Comfortable with the change and ambiguity that can accompany rapid growth
- Excited by the prospect of broad work scope - in the same day you may present to our CEO and also roll up your sleeves to troubleshoot issues directly
- Strong knowledge of systems-oriented architectures
- Ability to gain buy-in from diverse stakeholders when introducing and implementing solutions
- Technical expertise in Salesforce, with a passion for learning new tools and technologies, and Marketo or similar marketing CRM
Not required, but a plus
- Experience in the art world or a genuine interest in growing the art market
- Netsuite ERP experience to support current integration efforts
- Ruby and/or Python skills to lead data pipeline and analysis efforts
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.