Email Marketing Associate
The Email Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting Artsy’s expanding lifecycle marketing efforts by creating email communications to drive user engagement.
You’ll be the magic behind the scenes, helping Artsy turn art lovers into collectors through inspiring customer email journeys.
The ideal candidate for this entry level position will demonstrate solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills as well as show a true passion for communicating with customers. They'll be the first line of communicating to art lovers through email.
- Contribute to the development of Artsy’s lifecycle marketing program and help deepen existing strategies for promotional, lifecycle, triggered, and loyalty campaigns to drive growth
- Support all aspects of daily email production and execution, including building email flow logic, writing creative error-free copy, coordinating approvals, quality assurance, and deployment
- Maintain and oversee Artsy’s content calendar across multiple channels and audience segments, ensuring the right content gets to the right person at the right time
- Manage and collaborate with creative teams on the production of copy, creative, and HTML coding processes for Artsy emails, including editing existing email templates
- Monitor and report on channel KPIs (e.g. open rates, clicks, opt-outs, impressions, etc.) and ongoing tests on a daily and weekly basis
- Manage email communication requests from different stakeholders and prioritize them against the objectives of the program as a whole
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and effectively communicating across teams
- Results driven with an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on-the-fly
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally, written, and through visual presentation tools (Google Slides/Powerpoint)
- Naturally curious with an overall eagerness to learn in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to learn new systems and processes
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years experience creating email campaigns, HTML/CSS experience, particularly in coding emails and landing pages
- Experience working with Sailthru, Sendgrid, or other mid or enterprise tier ESP
- BI reporting tool such as Looker, Cognos, etc.
- CRM system such as Salesforce, etc.
- Marketing automation systems like Marketo, Hubspot, etc.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, and Github
- Experience working with designers, and have an appreciation for the arts
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.