Artsy seeks an Executive Assistant directly supporting our C-Suite to strengthen and expand their capacity, effectiveness, and connectivity, helping us to achieve our vision of a world where art is as ubiquitous as music.
As Executive Assistant, you will be the engine that drives our Executive team's productivity, maintaining ownership over all daily administrative tasks, while creating an organized space to enable them to focus on strategic company initiatives. You will help our C-level stakeholders prioritize their time towards what is most valuable and impactful, and will continually manage and develop new processes and efficiencies to support their daily activities and responsibilities.
This role supports our Executives across the following areas:
- Project management, organization, communication: create optimal structure, organization, and collaboration around workflow and projects and generally ensure the right people have access to the right information
- Scheduling and calendar management - ie. new and recurring meetings, dinner with leadership, board and external networks
- Inbox management - handling, prioritizing, and drafting emails
- Administrative tasks including booking travel, dinners, event planning, processing expense reports, food ordering, general errands–you consider no task too small
- Organization and maintenance - creating a clean and orderly physical working environment
- Enable effective meetings and assist in agenda preparation
- Becoming knowledgeable of Senior Management relationships - serving as the point of contact for access and communication, receiving guests at the office and ensuring they are set up and properly accommodated
The ideal candidate for this role maintains the following:
- Has 3-5 years of experience and an outstanding track record in executive assistance, project management, hospitality, or a related field
- Rigorous organization, task management and multi-tasking skills
- Thinks from an efficiency perspective, constantly looking for ways to automate and scale up tasks
- Highly flexible and adaptable - can work well with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Professional and effective communicator both written and verbal
- Most importantly, the right candidate shares our passion for Artsy’s mission and is looking for an opportunity that is aligned with their own sense of purpose.
This position is full-time and based at our beautiful offices in downtown Manhattan, and starts immediately.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
We don’t see ourselves as a business with employees. We see ourselves as a community of people with a common purpose and common values.
As such, there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results that are aligned with our shared purpose. And that you work with us to achieve those results in a way that is aligned with our shared values. We look for people who act like the CEO of their area of responsibility and collaborate with no ego in service of Artsy's mission.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of “a world where art is as ubiquitous as music,” Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience working with us:
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.