Artsy seeks an Executive Assistant to work with our CEO & COO to strengthen and expand their capacity, effectiveness, and connectivity, helping us achieve our vision of a world where everyone is moved by art every day. This role will drive our executives’ productivity, maintaining ownership over all daily administrative tasks while continually managing and developing new processes and efficiencies to support their daily activities and responsibilities.
Artsy’s Executive Assistant will be at the heart of the leadership operating system. This opportunity includes working closely with the founding team, building insight into key drivers and initiatives for a high-growth and multi-faceted company, and forming strong relationships with other members of leadership and the broader team. As such, this role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to balance key conversations in a thoughtful and nuanced way.
Please use your application as a chance to not only illustrate your career background, but to also share more about your passions and interests (work related or otherwise), and in particular what draws you to Artsy.
- Meeting management: Coordinate and arrange meetings and schedules for the CEO and COO in a fast-moving environment, driving effective meetings via upfront materials preparation, agenda setting, and clear follow ups
- Administrative and personal tasks: Handle administrative and personal tasks including booking travel, dinners, event planning, processing expense reports, food ordering, general errands
- Travel planning: Prepare comprehensive travel itineraries and contact lists specific to each trip, and orchestrate all necessary arrangements
- Project & event planning: Coordinate logistics for special business events and personal projects; help locate and obtain information & resources; anticipate and prepare materials as needed
- Inbox management: handling, prioritizing, and drafting emails
- Space organization and maintenance: creating a clean and orderly physical working environment
- Relationship management: Growing and maintaining key relationships both within Artsy and externally, and serving as the point of contact for access and communication (including receiving guests at the office, etc).
- You have 5+ of experience and an outstanding track record as an executive assistant or similar role
- You are flexible and open-minded, comfortable with being available outside of normal working hours as needed, and consider no task too small
- You are highly adaptable and can work well with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- You have excellent attention to detail in tasks both large and small
- You are able to "see around the corner" and develop a radar for anticipating potential issues/roadblocks and preparing ahead of time
- You have experience with complex and intensive scheduling
- You have experience managing confidential and proprietary information with discretion
- You are rigorously organized, and have excellent task management skills
- You think from an efficiency perspective, constantly looking for ways to automate and scale up tasks
- You are a professional and effective communicator - both written and verbal
- You share our passion for Artsy’s mission and are looking for an opportunity that is aligned with your own sense of purpose
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.