Artsy seeks an Executive Associate to work with our CEO to leverage their time and energy, spanning everything from administrative tasks and scheduling, to managing their inbox, drafting communications, and preparing presentation decks.
This is a high impact position, deeply ingrained in Artsy’s development as the eyes and ears of the CEO, and as such, you are someone who is extremely organized, and an outstanding communicator with a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence. Moreover, the CEO’s work style acknowledges full integration between work and life, requiring extraordinary leadership, judgment, flexibility, prioritization, and delegation abilities.
Essential to this position is the equal importance of high-level interpersonal skills - thoughtfulness, intuitiveness, openness - coupled with both tactical and strategic business support. Your background may be heavily project management or operationally based, you may have been in an executive support position or have had general leadership experience, but the common thread is that you are a deeply passionate person. You value joining a company that you can feel inspired by in a position that is as fulfilling as it is challenging. You are at the point in your career where you want your role to fully reflect your personal interests and are extremely passionate about fully supporting the realization of Artsy’s mission.
At Artsy, we envision a world where art is as ubiquitous a part of culture as music is today. The $66B art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $20B in commercial inventory. Artsy is the first company to aggregate the lion’s share of it onto a single platform. Artsy is also the first platform where virtually all the world’s major galleries, museums, fairs, and auction houses have made their inventory accessible to the public both for education and collecting. Artsy is not local to just the US; 70% of our partners are international, and with offices serving them in New York, LA, London, Berlin, and Hong Kong, Artsy is the largest and most comprehensive art platform in the world.
This role consists of the below key areas of responsibility:
- You are the primary manager of the CEO’s time and energy, and will use extraordinary judgement in proactively strategizing and executing on that. You will provide default guidance for the CEO’s calendar, prioritize and handle emails, draft memos, and will ensure maximum productivity of all time spent. You will help the CEO prioritize their time towards what is most valuable and impactful and re-prioritize as new opportunities arise.
- General administrative assistance and tactical support. You will be responsible for day to day administrative support and scheduling and constantly remain one step ahead of CEO’s needs. You can equally apply a high level of sophistication in developing presentation decks, and will be expected to ensure that all meetings are prepared for with agenda and presentation materials.
- Maintain flexibility supporting full spectrum of the CEO’s activities which assumes full work-life integration, unusual hours, frequent travel, and a high degree of spontaneity and chaos in both personal and professional support. You will be expected to facilitate communication and liaise with a diverse spectrum of people to further support the CEO in all aspects of engagement to their network. You will become intimately knowledgeable of the CEO’s network, which includes Artsy team members, potential recruits, investors, board members, social connections, and anyone the CEO spends time with. You will swiftly and professionally excute across varied tasks which will include preparing communication and update emails to both the team and external stakeholders, organizing dinners and trips, casual interactions at social gatherings, and being proactive to think of additional opportunities to maximize support.
- Generate trust and openness with CEO and team to allow for full support through understanding and empathy. Essential to this position is that you share the CEO’s passion for Artsy and are aligned with its long term vision and values. You consider no task too small, and are not afraid to get your hands dirty doing support work aligned with CEO’s progressive style. You inspire trust from the broader Artsy team and have the unique ability to create uninhibited and trusting relationships
The Successful Candidate Will Maintain the following:
- 3-8 years professional experience in a position of or similar to executive assistant, project management, or Chief of Staff
- Highly effective across a large range of competencies; from small scale daily tasks to higher level support
- Extremely efficient and effective in completing administrative tasks which will be significant part of job
- Empathetic and can easily navigate, support and garner trust across range of personalities
- Extremely flexible and can easily prioritize in response to shifting timelines and goals
- Comfortable with full work/life integration; providing support beyond standard work environment
- Track record of outstanding performance in the areas such as project management, leadership, and relationship management
- Experience in client facing capacity and liaising across a broad range of professionals
- Analytical and thoughtful in proactively identifying opportunities for greater impact
- Thinks from an efficiency perspective, constantly looking for ways to automate and scale up tasks, and looks for opportunities to delegate and hire
- Embracing of and comfortable in diverse environments, cultures, regions
- Master communicator both written and verbal across a variety of applications
- Rigorous organizational skills; knows how to manage projects to completion and can execute swiftly and effectively
- Deeply passionate about Artsy, with complete positive energy and openness
This position is full-time and based at our beautiful offices in downtown Manhattan, and starts immediately.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.