The Artsy events and experiential team is looking for an Experiential Lead to help ideate, develop, and produce revenue-driving concepts and packages for our partnership brands, clients and third-party partners.
The Artsy events and experiential team is a division within Artsy that strategically develops and executes real life experiences that are powerful extensions of the Artsy brand, and are monetized through the sale of sponsorships.
The Experiential Lead will be responsible for ideating, developing, and producing revenue-driving 'Artsy Experiential' concepts and packages for our partnership brands, clients, and third-party partners as well as collaborating and executing Artsy OnSites/Projects and other brand extension activations, including, but not limited to, out of home opportunities, third-party partnerships etc.
As Experiential Lead, you will be responsible for maintaining ownership in developing guidelines and best practices for all experiential products to ensure Artsy brand’s consistency in the marketplace. In addition to partnership management, you will also work cross-functionally with relevant Artsy heads to develop opportunities that are natural extensions of Artsy’s brand priorities and further raise the visibility of the brand.
- Contribute to briefs, proposals, decks, and other marketing materials related to event concepts and pitches for brands as well as recaps and post-project needs
- Lead post-sales account management and execution
- Point-person for organizing weekly deliverables across internal teams in addition to developing and managing individual KPIs/goals
- Responsible for project timelines, budgets, and partner communication
- Build relationships with external partners/vendors that align and elevate the Artsy brand
- Communicate frequently with internal teams on project developments and status, ensuring timelines are followed and key stakeholders are informed
- Work with team to execute agreements and process vendor payments, ensuring timeliness and adherence to budget
- Work with team on post-project reporting highlighting ROI and analytics to share with executive team and brands/partners
- Oversee guest list management on individual events, coordinate with other teams on guest attendance
- Leverage Looker to create distinct guest lists targeting specific audiences, utilize Splash/SalesForce to promote guest retention, and conduct extensive external research for potential guest cultivation opportunities.
- 5+ years of event production experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong execution/production experience, ideally with luxury and thought-leader brands
- Creative thinker and solutions-oriented
- Possess client-facing account management skills
- High collaboration skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial instincts/start-up skills with an ability to both lead and roll up the sleeves
- Art world knowledge are not required but valued
- Sales skills are not required but valued
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. Our vision is a world where art is as popular as music. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.