Artsy is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Finance Intern to provide ongoing investor and executive reporting and analytical support to senior management as our company scales.
The Finance Team plays a crucial role in providing business leaders at Artsy with tools to help make decisions regarding the direction of the company as we scale existing channels of business and explore new ones. As the Finance Intern, you will play an integral part of the team and will report to our Finance Manager.
- Prepare monthly management and investor reporting
- Conduct monthly incentive compensation analysis and reporting
- Liaise with our Marketplace and Accounting teams to ensure financial alignment and timely reporting
- Support the Finance team on ad-hoc analyses for various company initiatives
- Bachelor's degree (minimum graduating in 2018 or 2019) with 0-1 years of prior working experience
- Excel skills required, Google Sheets and Looker experience a plus
- You are a creative and persistent self-starter who gets excited about extrapolating from complex data sets and contributing innovative ideas
- You embrace ambiguity, and are meticulous about the details
- You enjoy working collaboratively, and can effectively communicate cross teams
- You’re looking to join an engaging and passionate Finance team, and want to be part of a rapidly growing company backed by some of the best minds in Silicon Valley and the art world
- Prior finance experience, at either financial institutions, start-ups, corporate or art business, a plus
- All candidates must be currently based in New York City or be willing to relocate to NYC for this position
This is a paid six month internship and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.