Gallery Partnerships, Associate Director (Europe)
We are seeking an ambitious leader to join Artsy’s Gallery Partnerships Team to spearhead the growth of our subscription-based gallery listing service in Europe.
The Gallery Partnerships Team defines and pitches Artsy's value proposition to galleries, driving subscription revenue to sustain Artsy's long-term mission of making art accessible to everyone. As a leader on the Gallery Partnerships Team, this is a unique opportunity to not only help build an incredible online resource for the art world, but to be on the front lines of powering Artsy’s business goals.
As Associate Director of Gallery Partnerships, you will drive and manage the sales function across our European offices (UK + Berlin), leading a team of Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives to generate revenue in support of Artsy’s long-term mission and success. This role reports directly to the Head of Sales at Artsy.
- Contribute to and drive strategy within the partnerships team and overall listing business
- Assist Head of Sales in day-to-day analytics of team performance and team goals
- Regular management of Subscription Sales Business
- Work productively with Gallery Liaison Team to continue driving high retention and upsells
- Align marketing team efforts with sales team goals
- Help build marketing and sales initiatives to increase revenue
- Evaluate ongoing sales and marketing efforts, as well as be able to revise those programs when necessary
- Act as a high-level liaison between the European teams and the Experience team at HQ - provide feedback on team needs and morale, communicate high-level updates, and occasionally support workplace strategy with on-the ground feedback on real estate considerations.
- Recruit new SDRs and salespeople
- Proven track record in B2B sales as an individual contributor and management
- Deep understanding of Artsy product and sales pitch
- Experience working in a team setting
- Communicate effectively with other teams within both the listings business and with other teams at Artsy around the globe
- Located in London, UK
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.