Gallery Relations Lead
Artsy seeks an experienced people manager to lead a team of account managers and oversee delivery of customer success strategies. This role is at the very core of Artsy’s mission to build one of the largest collections of art available online.
As a Gallery Relations Lead, you will be required to demonstrate a unique blend of humility, empathy, creative insight, self-motivation, attention to detail and art world knowledge. The role requires an individual who not only excels at coaching and motivating people, but who is driven to achieve results and willing to roll up their sleeves and help create individualized strategies for a group of clients that are managed directly. You must be passionate about growing the art market through technology.
- Manages 3-7 Gallery Relations Liaisons as direct reports, mentoring them and working with the Gallery Relations Director to train and onboard them
- Remains accountable for their reports’ renewal and churn rates.
- Regularly helps their reports troubleshoot issues and consults on best practices for relationship management.
- Set an example for and encourage team-wide use of operational best practices; work effectively with Customer Operations to introduce new processes, guidelines and best practices for relationship management.
- Makes regular and meaningful contributions that contribute to higher gallery relations team performance, including insightful participation during in-person and online gallery team discussions and proactively proposing and driving initiatives
- Successfully manages ~50 subscriber galleries: maximizing engagement and retention and minimizing failed charges
- You are a seasoned arts industry expert with 5+ years experience in people management, business development, strategy, and/or customer relations/sales experience. You are fluent in art world news, trends, and regularly attend art events
- You are goal oriented and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding specific key performance indicators
- Account management experience, and affinity for providing quality service to clients
- You are self motivated, able to multitask and can work autonomously
- Experience in a SaaS company preferred but not required
- You must be based in New York and available to start immediately on a full-time basis.
- Professional fluency in Portuguese, French, or Spanish (speaking, writing and reading) strongly preferred, but not required
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.