Global Strategic Partnerships Lead, Americas
Artsy seeks an experienced business development manager to join our Global Strategic Partnerships team from our Manhattan offices. The Global Strategic Partnerships Lead is responsible for forming and managing partnerships with individuals and organizations that increase Artsy’s international brand presence and support the expansion of our marketplace in the Americas. Partnerships include and are not limited to fairs, gallery weekends, gallery associations and additional cultural entities.
As an expert in your region, you will also work closely with our Galleries, Fairs & Institutions (GFI) business and key members of adjacent teams (Marketing, Communications, Design, Collector Relations, Events, Brand Partnerships, Product, etc.) to drive regionally specific B2B and B2C development and initiatives in North and South America, increasing Artsy’s world-wide impact.
The Global Strategic Partnerships Lead is at the forefront of expanding the art market. We believe that by engaging more people with art and empowering them with access to art market information, we can lift the opacity and exclusivity that keep potential art buyers on the sidelines, directly supporting artists, galleries, institutions and events around the world. We believe our platform can expand that market into the $100’s of billions, facilitating a much larger, more vibrant, and diverse art ecosystem.
- Oversee a growing pipeline of strategic partnership opportunities; identify, prioritize leads in alignment with company goals in your focus region
- Successfully establish strong partnerships with 30+ partners in your focus region
- Manage and and maintain long-term, meaningful relationships with clients
- Lead all sales operations from pitch to payment (e.x: prospect, create client proposals, lead sales presentations, draft and negotiate contracts, work with accounting team on invoicing and payment, coordinate internal and external post-mortems in tandem with Project Managers)
- Work very closely with the Project Managers on your team to successfully execute and fulfill each partnership campaign; support this team through frequent, clear communication, setting realistic expectations, providing context about relationship, and adhering to shared team hand-off processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization (Marketing, Gallery, Design, Experience, Product) to create industry-leading integrated product and marketing campaigns for each partner
- Collaborate with Gallery teams and Collector teams to maximize and quantify the internal impact of strategic partnerships on subscription activations and collector acquisition
- Advocate for your region and clients; proactively identify opportunities to increase impact and optimize our offering to better address needs of existing and potential clients
- Be the expert in your region and be able to clearly communicate data driven insight on regional opportunities, challenges, risks, needs and market trends; advise leadership, relevant business owners and greater regional team members on decision making
- Pass along leads to other business owners that support company goals and support the growth of our other businesses (Brand Partnerships, Auctions, Gallery Partnerships, etc)
- Act as Artsy Ambassador, advocating for the brand and product at trade events (openings, fairs, conferences, panels, etc)
- Support the planning and execution of 2-4 Artsy events in your region spearheaded by Project Managers
- You are a seasoned arts industry expert with 5+ years experience in business development, strategy, and/or sales experience. You are fluent in art world news, trends, and regularly attend art events
- A Thoughtful and Proactive Hustler – you are always one step ahead, thinking through the next potential challenge or opportunity.
- A Strategic Thinker– you can implement immediate and big picture strategies simultaneously and can assess vast market potential to successfully identify and prioritize greatest areas of opportunity
- An Effective Collaborator– you have experience aligning multiple teams to drive projects, you can successfully gather input and contributions from complementary teams while driving the bus and pushing work with extreme agility and focus on deadlines.
- Goal Oriented– you are driven sales person who is comfortable leading complex projects independently and is empowered by delivering against ambitious goals and challenges.
- Detail Oriented– you are also process-driven and a pragmatic decision maker who takes an organized approach to strategy and execution
- A Great Communicator – you have extensive experience working in a senior client-facing role. Whether through sales presentations, Excel or verbally, you are a thoughtful, compassionate communicator who can generate internal buy-in, set clear expectations with clients and easily translate complex offerings during sales conversations
- Solution Oriented– you don’t just raise issues, you come prepared with creative and data driven solutions to solve them
- Flexible– you are excited by complex challenges and not afraid to take [well thought out] risks. Shaping a new role is appealing to you and you are unfazed by re-adjusting plans and strategy to fit the situation
- You can work in New York and travel within the Americas
- You have successfully scaled a sales, development or marketing organization
- You've created successful proposals and RFPs
- Spanish or Portuguese language (plus, but not required)
- SalesForce, Looker, Google Analytics, Google Docs experience (plus, but not required)
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.