Head of Prints & Multiples
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking an experienced and driven individual with expertise in Prints & Multiples, and sizable client relationships.
The Head of Prints & Multiples will be responsible for helping Artsy grow the secondary market business, and lead collectors and galleries through the process of selling art online. Secondary market sales is a recent area of Artsy’s business investment that aims to create more liquidity in the market and enable collectors and dealers to sell and rotate their collection more frequently, seamlessly and with the best outcome.
The Head of Prints & Multiples will serve as the Head of Category and lead business getter for the editions department by attracting consignment property through their network of collectors to be sold through Artsy online auctions and private sales. The ideal candidate has extensive art world experience (gallery or auction house), and a strong sales record ($10m in sales), and an extensive client list.
- Drive and lead the sourcing and business-getting efforts for the category; bring in and manage a robust pipeline of consignments for sale on the Artsy platform from private collectors and top gallerie
- Lead and manage the authentication, cataloguing, curating and pricing of all consigned property Manage and expand relationships with private collectors and consignors
- As an expert in the category, serve as a thought partner to collaborators to grow and expand sales
- 10+ years of professional experience in auction houses, art platforms and/or galleries
- Background and expertise in Prints and Multiples
- Relationships with top private collectors and proven sales track record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.