Reporting to the Director of Workplace Operations, the IT Manager sets and executes the vision and strategy for the IT department. They lead the team that maintains and scales software, information systems, and tools, and deploys simple, intuitive tech solutions to support and empower the entire Artsy team to excel independently in their work, and collaborate seamlessly across our many global offices.
- Growth Strategy and Roadmap: Working with the Director of Workplace Operations, sets the growth strategy and roadmap for IT services at Artsy, ensuring that we are deploying solutions that will scale seamlessly for 3+ years and 4x growth.
- People Management: Hires, supervises and mentors a team of IT Specialists - one for 2018 and proportional to team growth thereafter - who will handle all support inquiries, hardware setups, software onboarding and offboarding processes, troubleshooting, inventory organization and stock ordering.
- Network Infrastructure & Communication: manages our external IT vendors at HQ and in global offices to ensure fast and stable internet access, and proper functioning of phone systems, copiers, computers, and printers. Produces high quality, accessible, friendly, well cadenced communications to the team about internet and equipment status, upgrades, repairs, maintenance and outages.
- Hardware & Software: Specifies, negotiates, and purchases all hardware and software on the company-wide level, including computers, AV and conferencing equipment, peripherals, communication tools and and software platforms. Accurately maintains hardware asset management system. Coordinates with team leads to maintain in-office company dashboards.
- IT Education: Develops and facilitates an ongoing IT education program for the Artsy team, including onboarding training sessions and ongoing internal professional development software training sessions.
- Audio-Visual: Collaborates closely with the Workplace Team, and leads the effort on the technology side to setup and support all AV needs for internal events on the company-wide scale, and occasionally support events on the team scale.
- IT Security and Compliance: champions and enforces security best practices across the growing organization, including role-based management, granting and revoking access to systems, account management, use of password managers, laptop encryption and data retention. Develops an IT security roadmap. Oversees access management during onboarding and offboarding of employees. Facilitates security audits and compliance. Collaborates with people operations around aspects of physical security
- 3+ Year Experience as IT Technician or Manager: Proven track record handling a multifaceted IT program and a desire and ability to take ownership of our rapidly scaling IT needs.
- People Management: Experience leading and inspiring a team in a relevant field, with an emphasis on management through mentoring, feedback, teamwork and problem solving.
- Technical Competencies: Expertise in a Mac-based hardware environment, and in administration of Google Suite, network hardware management with Cisco / Meraki technologies and Apple DEP, software and user management via Bettercloud, script writing for automated hardware setups, AV setup experience and troubleshooting.
- A+ Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Concise, compassionate, confident, loves giving and receiving feedback and is enthusiastic about IT support and education.
- Organized & Detail Oriented: Natural systematic thinker and organizer of people, process, and information. Can’t stand a messy IT closet or an incomplete database entry. Aesthetically trained eye, catches every detail, loves to fine-tune installations so they always look 100%.
- Independent Self-Starter: Thrives in a fast changing and occasionally ambiguous environment, and quickly identifies and acts on opportunities to solve problems, improve systems, and document new processes.
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.