Junior IT Analyst
The Junior IT Specialist plays an essential role, acting as the first touchpoint for IT support at Artsy, and performing all hardware setups, software enrollments, and account deployments. Artsy seeks an enthusiastic and motivated learner, who is passionate about customer support and emerging IT technologies. The right candidate will have a solid foundation in IT, but should also be looking to gain valuable experience helping the Senior IT Manager to identify and set strategic priorities for our rapidly scaling organization, while implementing intuitive tech solutions to support and empower the entire Artsy team to excel in their work.
The IT Department is part of the Workplace Team, which designs spaces, creates programming and maintains the essential operations and technology systems that empower and inspire the Artsy team to do great work.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced Art and Technology company, where you’ll be able to wear multiple hats, and gain tons of experience in cloud-based technologies. Everyone at Artsy is extremely passionate about the business and work towards a common goal while sharing the same values.
- Tier 1 Support Lead: Provides friendly, user-centric ongoing support for IT hardware and software at Artsy worldwide,responding and actioning all incoming hardware and software support requests via our ticketing system.
- Ticketing System: Enters, monitors, and updates help desk tickets to track progress and perform closed-loop communication with end users to resolution.
- Onboarding: Commissions and sets up hardware devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers), and enrolls users in our cloud-based SaaS programs for new hires.
- Network Troubleshooting: Tackles network issues in our offices (wifi, wired, and bluetooth) using native diagnostic programs (Scripts w Terminal, Event viewer, DOS, Powershell etc) to resolve connectivity issues.
- Willingness to learn on a continuous basis as we scale the company in headcount and office spaces
- Associates or Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of desk-side support experience in IT
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Customer Service Mindset: Demonstrates excellent customer service skills including customer empathy, good customer diplomacy skills, and problem ownership
- OS & Software Proficiency: Possesses an excellent working knowledge of Mac OS, Windows, iOS, Android, and common cloud-based systems including but not limited to the following: G-Suite / O365 (All Apps), A/V (Zoom, Skype), Dropbox, Cloud Management (Meraki, Jamf, Slack, Bettercloud), Ticketing Systems (Hivy, Zendesk, Freshdesk), MDM and Management (iOS, Android)
- Certifications in Apple OSX 10.13+, CompTIA Network+ and A+ are plus, but not required
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.