Junior Brand Designer
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
As Junior Brand Designer, you will assist in design concepting and delivery of brand assets for campaigns, ensuring quality and visual consistency. You will design for marketing, editorial, cross-team communications, and other company-wide campaigns. The ideal candidate has a background in graphic design, typography, and layout, and understands how to craft and execute on campaigns to bring the Artsy brand to life. We're looking for a highly creative, strategic thinker and maker, who will listen, learn, reinvent, design and make stuff. The candidate should bring a fresh design perspective, with knowledge of current industry trends, and ideally has a strong interest in the contemporary art world. The Artsy brand team is fast-paced, fun, and collaborative.
Reporting to Artsy’s Creative Director (Brand), this position will be a key collaborator and an integral part of the brand creative and marketing teams. The Marketing team at Artsy oversees b2b and b2c functions, with a core aim to increase demand for collecting art on the platform, and to funnel that demand into our partners inventory. Our content, growth, communications and brand teams work with user-centric focus to bring new users and engage lapsed users into our marketplace.The design work we do is often the first touchpoint for prospective users to encounter the brand, and we aim for that experience to be distinct, trusted, and very welcoming within the art and commerce landscape.
What You’ll Do :
- Design brand expressions that communicate brand intention and value, and deliver production– ready files.
- Work within the brand guidelines to maintain our visual identity, and offer suggestions for our guidelines to continue to develop and evolve to serve a global audience.
- Support the creation of creative materials for brand and marketing campaigns, including assets for digital ads, social media, print, in-product banners and other campaign assets as needed.
- Work cross-functionally, collaborating with b2b, b2c, and teams outside of marketing, interpret briefs and balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex narratives into simple, compelling design ideas.
- Manage your own time to keep each project within its deadline.
- Collaborate closely with the brand team to maintain a high quality of design and creative output.
Who You Are:
- Must be currently located in New York City
- Your background is in graphic design, typography, and building brands. (Degree in graphic design preferred).
- You have a strong ability to express ideas clearly across visual formats
- You have excellent taste and design aesthetics and typography, with a strong interest in developing art direction in relation to brand
- You have a solid understanding and desire to keep up to date with art and design industry trends
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to present visual concepts well
- You have a good understanding and experience of bringing a brand to life in the digital space, and are excited to continue to learn and grow.
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively and positively with internal team members and with external vendors.
- Have proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma Experience After Effects & video editing is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé, a cover letter, and portfolio here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
ARTSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE. WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, AND VETERAN STATUS.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.