Marketing Manager, CRM
Artsy is looking for a Marketing Manager to help us grow and improve our email marketing program.
The ideal candidate for this position understands the intricacies of email marketing, on both a technical and strategic level. You’re as comfortable getting in the weeds and creating new templates and campaigns as you are presenting new initiatives to leadership.
As Artsy grows as a company and its user base matures and changes, you’ll be working towards better user understanding and truly personalized marketing—artworks people are excited to buy arriving in their inboxes.
- Set strategy and implement actionable goals that guide the CRM team
- Monitor and report on channel KPIs (e.g. open rates, clicks, opt-outs, impressions, etc.) and ongoing tests on a daily and weekly basis
- Manage the small CRM team, responsible for maintaining and improving Artsy’s B2C communications
- Leverage user insights to develop and oversee personalized, timely marketing communications to various audience segments
- Manage partnerships with third-party marketing automation and content platforms
- Liaise with senior leaders across the organization, acting as internal subject matter expert on email marketing and broadening awareness of CRM activity
- Maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal partners including Product, Design, Editorial, and many other teams and businesses at Artsy
- Email campaign experience: You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Email Marketing/CRM, including campaign creation, statistical analysis, and strategic initiatives
- Analytical chops: You’ve worked on analytics at an enterprise level using Looker, Cognos, SQL, or similar. You’re data driven, with strong quantitative and analytical skills, and you think in terms of LTV, ROI and your impact on the bottom line of the business
- Management skills: You’ve managed one or more reports, nurturing their growth and learning over time
- Understanding project and stakeholder management: You know how to keep a project on track, communicate updates and results with stakeholders, and balance the needs of the business against the needs of users
- Driving change: You’re good at iterating on ideas, coming up with new initiatives, and getting the right people in the room to make them happen.
- Knowledge of the art world and passion for the arts
- In-depth familiarity with Sailthru or other enterprise-level ESP
- Familiarity and comfort with Github
- Coding experience (we use MJML for our emails if you’re curious)
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.