New Business Lead
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Do you have experience leading and developing a high performing sales team? Have you planned and delivered sales strategies in your current field? Do you want to join a fun and exciting company that is changing the art world through technology? If so, we would love for you to join us on this journey.
Artsy is the world’s leading marketplace for buying and selling fine art partnering with 3,600 art galleries in over 100 countries to help them reach a global audience and grow their businesses. We are looking for an inspiring and energetic sales leader to manage a global new business team within our Galleries organization, the company’s largest division.
As the leader of our new business sales team, you will be responsible for building and coaching a top-performing team that delivers a significant percentage of the company’s revenue through prospecting, pitching and closing new gallery partnerships. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Global Sales & Partnerships.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cutting-edge technology company that is on the verge of transforming an industry.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and develop a high performing team of 8-10 new business reps across the EMEA and NALA regions
- Deliver subscriptions revenue growth targets
- Provide ongoing sales coaching across the team while regularly leading client negotiations to land key accounts
- Drive local and global sales strategy in partnership with the global sales leadership team
- Partner cross-functionally with B2B Marketing, Sales Enablement and Sales Ops to uncover opportunities and deliver key results
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- You are currently authorized to live and work in London or New York City
- Professional fluency in French, Italian, German and/or Spanish (a plus but not required)
- Approximately 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Approximately 2+ years of sales management experience
- Proven track record on delivering against stretch targets
- Adept at motivating your team to achieve their goals
- Interested in understanding the needs of and teaching a team to communicate effectively with a diverse array of clients
- A strong analytical thinker, and ability to use data to drive improved customer acquisition strategies
- Team player and cross-collaborator (preferred experience working with marketing and sales operations functions)
- Familiarity with the online art market and Artsy’s marketplace
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- For New York City based employees. Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- For London based employees. Private healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, enhanced parental leave, Pension Plan, life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme featuring free mental health support, physio, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This position is full-time, based in New York. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
This position is full-time, based in London. Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
ARTSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE. WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, AND VETERAN STATUS.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.