Artsy seeks an Office Specialist to ensure that the employee and guest experience at our rapidly growing headquarters supports and amplifies Artsy’s values and brand. By helping our office run like clockwork, you’ll help us achieve our vision of making art as ubiquitous as music.
As Office Specialist, you’ll work as an integral part of the Experience Team – a dynamic operations team responsible for guest hospitality, daily office operations, real estate strategy, internal team events, and information technology. Along with the People Operations Team, we form the backbone of Artsy company culture and infrastructure. If you are passionate about creating inspiring and adaptive spaces, impactful experiences and highly functional operational systems, this is the team for you!
As the Office Specialist, you’ll own guest reception and experience while simultaneously running essential office operational systems like building access, mail, and supply inventory. You’ll also work collaboratively with other members of the Experience Team on event production, and with members of the People Operations Team on employee experience and onboarding. This is truly a dynamic role with high impact and exposure to the entire Artsy organization.
- Guest Reception and Hospitality – you’ll be the first welcome touchpoint for guests, deliveries and team members during busy business hours.
- Office Operational Systems - you’ll own and continually improve our essential office systems including vendor platforms, office mail, building access, and team requests & feedback. You’ll support the Experience Manager with employee onboarding processes and seating charts.
- Office Supplies & Swag – you’ll own the office supply and swag ordering and inventory systems, and will be responsible for stocking, organization and adherence to budget.
- IT Support - You’ll support the IT department with inventory, ordering, stocking and request fulfillment of peripherals, and will QA our conference room setups daily.
- Internal Events – you’ll collaborate on the setup and execution of internal events like team lunches, weekly happy hours, and occasional company-wide meetings.
- Manage Outsourced Vendors - you’ll maintain relationships and set expectations with our wide variety of support and vendors.
- HR Administrative Support - you’ll act as a resource to the Experience and People Ops teams for some scheduling and other administrative needs.
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to make things happen, passionate about people and hospitality, rock-solid reliable, and relentless about the details.
- You have strong communication and computer skills, and an ability to balance day-to-day execution with creating systematic and scalable solutions as we grow.
- You’re genuinely excited to work in and contribute to innovative office culture, and you’re both an incredible performer as well as open and collaborative - and you can expect the same of your colleagues at Artsy.
- Has a track record of excellence as an Office Manager or other career with a similar skill set, such as restaurant management or complex administrative support.
This position is full-time and based at our beautiful offices in downtown Manhattan, and starts immediately.
To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.