As the Office Specialist, you’ll maintain the operational office systems that keep Artsy HQ running like clockwork. This person will simultaneously act as the ambassador of Artsy values, especially Positive Energy and Openness, as the welcoming and knowledgeable first point of contact for guests and team members at Artsy HQ.
In this role you will be a key member of the Artsy Workplace team. The Workplace Team creates an inspiring experience for our colleagues and clients. We are responsible for the design and experience of the Artsy offices and events that promote our People and Culture. The Workplace team’s mission is to envision, build, and maintain the physical and operational infrastructure as an extension and manifestation of our online brand and product. We feel that creating impactful environments is always worthwhile as an art form, because it moves people, creates the opportunity for shared experience, and helps galvanize community.
- Reception + Hospitality: Owns the guest and employee workplace experience at Artsy. Checks-in guests via Envoy, directs deliveries and handles public inquiries in person and via the Artsy Corporate phone line during busy hours (10am - 4pm). Runs the in-office mail and package system.
- Artsy Navigator: Is the “go-to” company-wide resource on the Workplace Team. Fields questions, requests and feedback from the Artsy team in person and via our internal online platforms (Atlas (company intranet), Managed by Q, Feedback Forms, Slack, etc) about a wide variety of office/workplace issues
- Onboarding & Seating Charts: Owns administrative onboarding tasks for new hires, handling welcome packets, tours, and other key action items. Works closely with the Workplace Lead and People team to ensure that new team members are fully set up on their first day. Supports Workplace Lead with seating chart logistics and desk moves.
- Office Supplies and Swag: Owns the office supply and swag ordering and inventory systems. Responsible for stocking, organization and adherence to budget in coordination with the Workplace Specialist. Orders new hire setups including desk supplies and business cards.
- Facilities + Building Relations Management: Owns key office systems to manage action items for facilities & amenities, repairs & maintenance, and more. Works closely with Workplace team to ensure the office is operating efficiently and oversees general cleanliness. Maintains a strong relationship with building staff and all contractors, and communicates with them when in-house repairs are needed.
- Vendor Relations Management: Maintains vendor lists, user platforms, and manages day-to-day relationship for office management services ranging from food delivery to mail, including: Seamless, Envoy, Managed by Q, ShredEx, etc.
- Internal Event Support: Supports Workplace Lead with planning and execution of internal events like bi-weekly team lunches, monthly happy hours, get-togethers, and occasional company-wide meetings.
- Hospitality Mindset - empathetic, gracious, friendly, able to intuit guest + team needs
- A+ Communication & Interpersonal Skills - concise, compassionate, confident
- Highly Organized - natural systematic thinker and organizer of people, process, info
- Detail Oriented - aesthetically trained eye, catches every detail, fine tunes experience
- Self-Starter - proactively identifies and acts on opportunities to improve across teams
- Reliable - arrives early and on time, proactively communicates time-off requests
- Proficient in - MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop
- Project Management- knows how to organize and motivate a team and deliver results
- 1-2+ years experience in Office Management/Operations, Hospitality, or Customer Service preferred
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.