Office Specialist (Part-Time, Temp)
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for proactive, organized Office Specialists to autonomously execute day-to-day operations and build a welcoming, inclusive experience in our New York City offices. This position is part-time (25 hours per week), temporary (6 months), and will report to our New York-based Workplace Lead.
As an Office Specialist, you will be responsible for everything that ensures your office runs smoothly, using your resourcefulness and attention to detail to keep the office in tip top shape. You’ll work to foster a strong culture in the office, including organizing events to build team cohesion. When fully ramped, you’ll be that one person that everyone in the office can rely on to make their time in the person productive and enjoyable.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with People Operations and IT Teams to prepare all new London hires for onboarding
- Own all ongoing office processes such as kitchen & supply stocking, repairs & maintenance, employee requests
- Manage outside vendors, including cleaning staff, repair workers, deliveries, etc
- Plan & execute events for London or New York City team, including attending events outside of regular work hours
- Manage workplace systems such as request tickets and hot desking
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- Position will be based in-person, in New York City office
- Must be currently located and authorized to work in New York City
- Reliable — you’re punctual, responsive, on top of your schedule, and you always meet your deadlines
- Highly organized — you love checklists, processes, and catching every last detail
- Self-starter — you can structure your own days, find your own answers, and operate confidently on your own
- Good prioritization — you’re able to quickly identify and tackle all matters of crises, in order of urgency
- Calm under pressure — you can bring order from chaos, stay solutions-focused, and keep your calm
- Strong communicator — you can interact with all types of personalities and you’re comfortable navigating feedback
- Hospitality mindset — you are friendly, gracious, and always thinking about your teammates’ experience
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This position starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.