Customer Operations Manager
Artsy seeks an enthusiastic, detail-oriented customer success operations team member to manage processes essential to the success of the Gallery Relations Team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about listening and identifying problems, thinking through solutions in a scalable and systems oriented way, and executing with grace to a global and diverse team so that the solution is here to stay.
As Customer Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the Gallery Relations Team. This large, global team manages our relationships and drives customer success with commercial galleries, sustaining Artsy’s long-term mission of making art accessible to everyone. This is a unique opportunity to contribute directly to the success of our team, to wear many hats, think creatively about cross-team collaboration, and iterate quickly on internal processes in a fast paced environment with high growth potential.
In this new role, you will work closely with Director and Associate Director level leaders on our Sales/Customer Success Operations and Gallery Relations Teams to execute and constantly improve the operations that keep our team running at full speed. Our vision is a world in which galleries understand the mechanisms and value of selling art online. Towards this end, we want all of our partners to feel paramount in every touchpoint and interaction they have with Artsy. As such, the Customer Operations Manager will provide process improvements, broad ranging operational support, and excellent internal communication to ensure a seamless customer experience that meets our high standard. Operations is still a nascent discipline within our team, making this an exciting time to make long range contributions at an early stage.
- Oversight of our renewals pipeline, including tracking all renewals, following up with team members on overdue renewals, reporting aggregate status updates to leadership, and continually identifying process improvements.
- Contract administration, including review and activation of all new contracts to ensure consistency and accuracy in billing and financial reporting.
- Advertising operations, including managing our advertising calendar, coordinating assets (may require external liaising), and creating placements. Advertising is a new initiative at Artsy and will require both technical and operational insight to successfully scale.
- Coordinating and setting a tone for internal communication, including oversight of our internal knowledge base (e.g. creating and revising playbooks)
- Best Practices and Process improvements, including identifying opportunities to increase efficiency on the team and improve collaboration across our five global offices. This role will report into overall business operations to ensure the team is consistently following best practices.
- Metrics implementation and tracking of performance, reporting out to management on key trends.
The ideal candidate will have ~3 years work experience. You should be adaptable, detail oriented, but eager to think outside the box to identify operational solutions. An analytical thinker, who has experience using data to hold themselves accountable. In addition, as this role rests at the crux of team communications, the ideal candidate will be an effective and inspiring communicator. One of Artsy’s core values is quality worthy of art, and this role requires quality in every facet, whether reviewing a contract, creating an ad placement, or editing an internal operations playbook.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- A track record of understanding complex workflows, identifying problems, and executing solutions
- Ability to gain buy-in from diverse stakeholders (primarily in client facing roles) when introducing and implementing solutions
- 2+ years’ experience using Salesforce or comparable CRM, with a passion for learning new tools and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Works well with others
- Self-motivated (takes initiative)
Not required, but a plus:
- Experience in the art world (internships are fine, as is an academic background in art or design history)
- Experience in a client facing role, or deep understanding of client facing work
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.