Payroll and Employee Expense Specialist
Artsy is looking for a talented, experienced Payroll and Employee Expense Specialist to own the Company’s end-to-end payroll and expense processes.
This role will work in the Accounting team, which as a part of the Finance organization, is responsible for the accurate and timely production and reporting of financial data.
This is a critical, high profile, employee facing position. Strong analytic and people skills are essential for this role, as you will work closely with our People team, Finance team, and external payroll provider. This individual should be a highly conscientious self-starter, and process oriented. This individual will own the end-to end payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for all employees. The individual will also be responsible to ensure all employee expense reports, and corporate credit card are submitted timely, and expenses are properly categorized prior to reimbursement.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of employee payroll data in ADP Workforce Now to include appropriate calculation of withholdings for tax and benefit deductions.
- Ensure payroll changes related to employee additions, deletions, and elections are captured in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Serve as a single point of contact for ADP.
- Safeguard employee payroll data to only those employees with a “need to know”.
- Promote compliance with the company’s travel and expense policy.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of corporate credit cards, to include email follow-ups and escalation.
- Responsible for reviewing employee travel and expense submission in Concur for reimbursement to include accurate coding of expenses, and compliance with company expense guidelines.
- You have 3 or more years experience managing a payroll process
- You are extremely detail, and process oriented
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills, and are able to work across a broad range of teams
- You’re able to meet project and team deadlines, and can enforce expense policy deadlines across the organization.
- You are highly conscientious
- Strong proficiency in written communications
- Experience working with a 3rd party payroll processor
- Experience processing with employee expense reimbursements
- Experience working within a finance/accounting team.
- Prior experience with ADP and the Workforce Now Platform (plus, but not required)
- Prior experience with Concur (plus, but not required)
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.