People Operations Lead
Join Artsy’s People Operations Team and help ensure our internal employee systems fully align with our values, our mission, and business goals—all while scaling up our operational efficiency at each step of our growth.
From projects like developing our Employee Handbook and scaling our Benefits & Compensation strategy to building internal education programs and transitioning us onto an HRIS, you’ll be helping us develop the central People Operations engine for Artsy at scale. You’ll manage a fantastic People Operations report with whom you will collaborate in the strategic and executional development of Artsy’s core people work, and you’ll report directly into the Head of People.
This role will also work closely with other key stakeholders, from the rest of the People team to the Finance, Legal, Accounting, and Leadership teams. While you’ll contribute to a large breadth of interrelated HR topics, you’ll also have clear ownership on key HR functions like employee information, compliance, and benefits—allowing you to make major contributions to how Artsy supports its people.
- Internal Policy & Process: Design, implement (or update), and own internal policies and processes (leave programs, compliance policies, etc); Spearhead drafting of employee handbook.
- Employee Lifecycle Management: Own employee on and offboarding as well as internal transition management - both in strategy and operations.
- Legal Compliance: Work with our Legal team to oversee compliance at a federal, state, and local level in all our US and global locations from interpreting legislation and making internal recommendations to driving their implementation.
- HRIS & Employee Data: Build and secure employee data integrity and privacy, and manage ongoing reporting; work with other internal teams to share employee information with relevant stakeholders and systems.
- Internal Training: Drive internal education programs to allow employees to best use our systems / policies and maintain compliance - from Benefits Education to sexual harassment training to GDPR and unconscious bias workshops.
- Benefits & Compensation: Oversee the design, enrollment, tracking, and reporting of employee benefits, and manage external vendor/broker relationships; help to strategize and drive Artsy’s overall compensation philosophy.
- Approximately 4-7 years experience with a variety of subspecialities within HR, with an emphasis on internal systems and processes
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: employee data / HRIS tools, on & offboarding programs, internal training, legal compliance, company policy development, payroll, compensation & benefits
- Systematic and technical thinker with an interest in efficiency, optimization, and building scalable solutions
- A background of collaborating with other operational teams such as Finance, Legal, and Leadership as well as business leaders (global collaboration a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and track record of communicating complex information to diverse stakeholders
- Extremely detail-oriented with a knack for digging into the specifics and technical details of problems and their solution
- Sound judgement and integrity, and a background in handling sensitive information
- HR data analysis and reporting experience a strong plus
- Start-up, entrepreneurial, or fast-growing company experience a strong plus
- People management or deep mentorship experience a strong plus
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.