People Operations Lead
Join Artsy’s People Operations Team and help us develop the central People Operations engine for Artsy at scale ensuring that they fully align with our values, our mission, and business goals—all while scaling up our operational efficiency at each step of our growth.
Reporting directly into the Head of People, you will work closely with the HR Operations and Business Partnership teams and drive company-level culture and engagement processes and programs, ranging from L&D and performance to engagement surveys and internal branding.
This role will also collaborate closely with other key stakeholders, from the Recruitment team to the Finance, Legal, Communications, and Leadership teams. While you’ll contribute to a large breadth of interrelated HR topics, you’ll also have clear ownership on the key HR functions below—allowing you to make major contributions to how Artsy supports its people.
- Engagement & Culture: You will help ensure broad engagement from the Artsy team by spearheading company-wide initiatives and strategies to motivate and inspire the team. You will also run our bi-annual Engagement Survey and work with the Leadership team and managers to communicate about and implement take-aways, both at the team level and company-wide.
- Performance Management: Artsy managers and their reports have lightweight development conversations every quarter and 360 Performance reviews every year. You will own these processes by ensuring all Artsy employees feel engaged and supported.
- Learning & Development: You will drive Artsy’s L&D strategy, helping our employees develop the skills and tools they need to grow in their career, and managing and coordinating a variety of programs from Manager Training to professional best practices to mentorship opportunities.
- Artsy Branding & Internal Communications: In conjunction with the Recruitment, Communications, and Brand teams, you will be the main People Ops stakeholder in developing and distributing material that helps both internal employees and external stakeholders understand Artsy’s amazing people and culture.
- People Data & Analytics: You will own the tracking and reporting of our key organizational data and People Team KPIs, and work with leaders and the People Ops team to develop insights and actions to respond to trends and goals.
- Compensation Planning: You will work with HR Ops and Business Partnership to articulate a clear compensation philosophy, develop company-wide compensation frameworks and implement them, and help educate managers and employees about our compensation practices.
- Approximately 5-8+ years relevant experience in People Operations.
- Familiarity owning some or all of the following: performance management, engagement surveys, L&D programs, compensation planning
- Systematic and technical thinker with an interest in efficiency, optimization, and building scalable solutions
- A background of collaborating with other operational teams such as Finance, Legal, and Leadership as well as business leaders (global collaboration a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a track record of communicating complex information to diverse stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with a knack for digging into the specifics and technical details of problems and their solution
- Sound judgement and integrity, and a background in handling sensitive information
- Start-up, entrepreneurial, or fast-growing company experience a strong plus
- People management or deep mentorship experience a strong plus
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.