Principal Product Manager
Artsy is looking for a Principal Product Manager to help transform the way consumers connect with art globally.
The art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $30B in commercial inventory, Artsy is the first to aggregate the lion’s share of it onto a single platform. Seventy percent of our partners are internationally based and our average transaction distance is over 3,000 miles -- the highest of any platform on the Internet.
As we pave the way for a more connected landscape for art consumption, we seek a Principal Product Manager to define our product strategy to connect consumers with art that will personally inspire. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating the tools that will allow collectors to more seamlessly discover art they love -- directly laddering to our larger vision of creating a world where people are moved by art every day.
- Develop product roadmap and systems for building and measuring consumer experience
- Own product strategy and execution for art discovery (including search, personalization, and collector recommendations)
- Partner with all the product team members to develop a holistic consumer-centric product strategy
- Analyze and understand shifting consumer and purchase behavior across gallery selling options, and auctions bidding platform
- Incorporate machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to enhance consumer engagement and retention
- Collaborate with consumer marketing along with auctions, galleries, and fairs teams to inform consumer driven products that operate effectively within in a double sided marketplace environment
- Partner with design and engineering, and manage the product development process end-to-end
- Extensive product management experience working within an agile development team with a successful track record of releasing user and data-driven products
- Experience driving personalization and/or recommendations products in consumer-driven environment
- Strong customer empathy, coupled with proficiency in quantitative methods and analysis, user research, funnel optimization, ecosystem understanding, A/B testing, and experimentation
- Strength in communication - ability to listen and understand varied stakeholder needs and translate into consensus building, alignment and prioritization
- Experience driving new product rollouts resulting in measurable success
- Marketplace and/or e-commerce experience
- Understanding of high price point purchase considerations
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.