Private Sales Coordinator
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for a Private Sales Coordinator to assist our rapidly expanding private sales and auctions businesses.
The Private Sales Coordinator will work with our Private Sales & Advisory team, which works with leading collectors globally to acquire hard-to-access works by the world’s leading emerging and established artists from Artsy’s gallery partners, auctions, and private collectors.
The Private Sales Coordinator will provide a broad range of administrative support and work in conjunction with our Auctions, Cataloging, Trust & Safety, and Post-Sale teams to ensure seamless cross-team collaboration.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide administrative support to private sale transactions, coordinating domestic and international shipping quotes, and working with internal teams to ensure diligence and client identify verifications are complete in a timely manner
- Ensure artwork and sale information, and legal agreements are accurately uploaded, stored, and maintained in internal systems and databases. Proactively identify and summarize reporting issues on a weekly basis
- Ensure client CRM is regularly updated
- Use internal systems to pull client outreach lists for Advisors and Specialists
- Conduct client and art market research on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide support to the Benefit Auctions team
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- 1+ years of work experience in a similar role
- You have a strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and are solutions-oriented
- You excel in verbal and written communication
- You have experience using Google Suite
- You understand and can exercise the importance of discretion and handling sensitive customer information
- You’re comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Interest in the Post-War and Contemporary art market
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred, but not required
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
ARTSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE. WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, AND VETERAN STATUS.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.