Artsy is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented product liaison to act as a conduit between the Product Team and core client facing teams, including sales, account management and strategic partnerships within the Galleries, Fairs and Institutions business. The ideal candidate must be a proactive, detailed communicator with strong data and technical skills.
The art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $30B in commercial inventory, Artsy is the first global platform where virtually all the world’s major galleries, museums, fairs, and auction houses have listed inventory–from Sotheby’s contemporary sales to ancient relics in The Met’s permanent collection. The Galleries, Fairs and Institutions business works with thousands of partners, helping them reach a global marketplace and ensuring they understand how to achieve success on our platform. 70% of our partners are based outside the U.S. and our average transaction distance is over 3,000 miles, the highest of any platform on the Internet.
As Product Liaison, you will act as a first line of contact for internal product support for our large and global team. In this new role, you will be responsible for conducting trainings and increasing the technical know-how of our diverse team, ultimately helping to drive more efficient resolution of issues. You will operate at a critical juncture that impacts the experience of our partners, while also supporting our ambitious product roadmap to make Artsy the best place to buy art.
- Become an internal expert on our products and systems.
- Train business teams on product features and systems, create supporting materials, and consistently raise the product and technical knowledge of business teams to reduce support needs and drive quicker and more efficient resolution of questions and issues
- Create smart systems to efficiently surface ongoing feedback and insights to product teams.
- Be the first line of contact for internal product support (including questions from customer support, account managers, sales and project managers) by troubleshooting, analyzing and prioritizing questions, requests, and issues.
- Work closely with product marketing and relevant product teams to stay abreast of upcoming features and update trainings accordingly.
- Work closely with the Gallery Customer Support Associate to troubleshoot, analyze and prioritize escalated partner facing or internal requests.
- Highly articulate individual with a solution-based approach who enjoys working across different teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to understand complex products and troubleshoot advanced technical issues, possibly with some knowledge of standard programming languages
- A track record of understanding complex workflows, identifying problems, and executing solutions
- Able to teach and train, motivated to increase product knowledge
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources
- Positive attitude, genuinely interested in people’s pain points and finding solutions to technical issues
- Approximately 1-3 years experience in a position requiring problem solving, troubleshooting and prioritization
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Computer science or development background, a plus but not required
- Experience working with sales, account management or customer support teams, a plus but not required
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.