Senior Product Manager
Artsy is looking for a senior level product manager to lead our Content Product team. Working across multiple facets of our media business, you will drive uniquely curated products in support of our brand and art-world partners, in addition to supporting our internal Editorial team behind Artsy Magazine - the world’s #1 most read online arts publication.
Working across multiple facets of Artsy’s businesses, you’ll have a breadth and depth of ownership in multiple product areas, ranging from supporting and expanding upon our current products, to completely owning product development for entirely new and unique product offerings for our partners.
Artsy partners with leading brands in creative collaborations, such as The Year in Art and our coverage of The Venice Biennale together with UBS and rethinking virtual reality in partnership with Gucci and SoundCloud. As a product owner, you will be responsible for powering these partnerships and driving unique products such as our Mobile Show Guide which will help art lovers navigate art exhibitions and experiences around the globe.
Revenue from these partnerships supports further investment in our publishing platform alongside forthcoming promoted content offerings to our gallery, fair, and museum partners. Our promoted content project encompasses a highly anticipated and oft requested expansion of our product offerings and will serve as a key revenue driver for our business.
As the sole product manager leading our Content team, you’ll also support and create the products behind the world’s most read arts publication, Artsy Magazine - responsible for growing our traffic by 400% over 2016. From introducing key art concepts in engaging ways and covering the intersection of art and popular culture, to telling the stories of underrepresented creators — we’re dedicated to quality content and growing a new generation of art lovers.
As a senior product manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Defining and managing the roadmap in close collaboration with your team
- Shepherding new features and initiatives through definition and design, implementation, quality assurance, evaluation, and iteration
- Collaborating with your product team and the Artsy Editorial team to devise growth strategies, make projections, and set shared goals
- Developing new content formats for brand collaboration and unique tailored projects alongside our Content Sales team
- Analyzing reader behavior to identify opportunities to improve reader engagement and growth
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in product management and development — You have at least 5+ years experience as a product manager in a startup environment, with a track record of building exceptional digital products. You have strong project management and leadership skills, including adept stakeholder management and an ability to clearly communicate vision and direction. Direct experience leading product for online publishing is a big plus, but not required.
- Passionate about online media — You keep track of industry developments and have plenty of ideas for how to engage online audiences.
- A growth mindset — You care about content reaching a broad audience, and love coming up with growth strategies and collaborating with your marketing peers. You have a proven track record of setting, projecting, and moving quantitative metrics.
- Analytical — You have deep analytical and problem-solving ability. You are fluent with data and love guiding your decisions with an understanding of the metrics that matter. (SQL skills are a plus.)
- Technically adept – You have an understanding of technical feasibility and the ability to liaise with and advocate for technical contributors on your team.
- A team player – A desire to build upon a collaborative, optimistic, and supportive company culture. You're a joy to work with and you can expect the same of your teammates at Artsy.
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. Our vision is a world where art is as popular as music. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Artsy features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place. Our growing database of 400,000 images of art, architecture, and design by 50,000 artists spans historical, modern, and contemporary works, and includes the largest online database of contemporary art. Artsy is used by art lovers, museum-goers, patrons, collectors, students, and educators to discover, learn about, and collect art.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
In addition to our vision of a world where art is as popular as music, Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.