Product Manager, Collector Experience
Artsy is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help drive key collector purchase and post-purchase experience across web and mobile.
The art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $30B in commercial inventory, Artsy is the first global platform where virtually all the world’s major galleries, museums, fairs, and auction houses have listed inventory–from Sotheby’s contemporary sales to ancient relics in The Met’s permanent collection. 70% of our partners are internationally based and our average transaction distance is over 3,000 miles, the highest of any platform on the Internet.
A a Product Manager at Artsy, you will drive our collector purchase and post-purchase experience across web and mobile, including bidding, consignments, payments, shipping, and insurance. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to establish shared vision
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify opportunities
- Translate vision and research into clear goals and outcomes, and create an actionable product roadmap
- Collaborate with design and engineering, and manage the product development process end-to-end
- Define key success metrics; test and measure the performance of features
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years of product management experience working within an agile development team with a successful track record of releasing user- and data-driven products; previous experience in marketplaces, payments, and ecommerce is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, math, or other technical field
- Proficient with quantitative methods and analysis; SQL skills are a plus
- Experience in user research, user-centered design, and A/B testing
- Comfort working collaboratively in a fast paced environment and proven ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects with bias towards action
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.