The Product Researcher role will be responsible for establishing a formal research function and practice at Artsy.
This research will help Artsy to discover, document, organize, socialize, and most importantly help us act on customer-insights. We expect research to be embedded in the day-to-day work of product designers, product managers, and other team members across the company.
- Be the expert voice for research inside Artsy
- Collaborate across teams to create a customer-centric, insight-driven culture
- Coach business leads and functional leads on research opportunities
- Guide and advise business leads and functional leads on strategic customer insights
- Establish methodologies and best-practices for research, synthesis, and analysis
- Scale research practice by educating designers, product managers, and other team members to include research in their day-to-day work
- Do primary research, to make clear evidence and examples for team to learn from
- You have experience overseeing most or all research at a consumer-facing technology company
- You have successfully built a team and/or function where one previously did not exist
- You have conducted primary research directly with customers
- You have established tools and frameworks that empower others to productively participate in research
- You have created a sustained customer listening program
- You have multiple case-studies that show turning research insights into core product or brand value through customer experience improvements
- Experience educating colleagues, executives, and customers about research’s value and application
- Experience balancing scientific rigor and thoroughness with resource constraints
- You have a generous approach to sharing and learning, and have a network of external research partners and/or facilities
Plus, but not required:
- Two-sided marketplace experience
- Media or content experience
- Brand research experience
- Participated in the design and operation of an on-site research facility (room configuration, technical requirements, operating plan)
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.