Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy seeks a full-time Production Editor to facilitate daily editorial operations. The Production Editor will oversee the editorial team’s production process, including working with editors and writers to ensure that articles are planned, assigned, and published on time; assist with layouts; outreach to artists and galleries for image permissions; and work with other internal Artsy teams to distribute and promote editorial articles, measure performance, manage freelancer contracts and invoices, and assist with artist bios.
An integral member of the Editorial team, the Production Editor will report to the Associate Director of Content and work with the entire Editorial team, our freelance contributors, and other Artsy colleagues. With strong communication and organizational skills, they will enable the Editorial team to deliver consistent, high-quality content that will engage and inform art collectors.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicates with the internal Editorial team on a daily basis to facilitate daily article production.
- Assists editors with article layouts.
- Oversees the monthly editorial calendar to make sure that articles are planned and content is well distributed.
- Liaises with Artsy colleagues and freelance writers to ensure that freelancers have contracts and get paid on time.
- Collaborates with Marketing colleagues to ensure that articles are distributed via social media, emails, push notifications, and marketing campaigns.
- Conducts outreach to artists and galleries to gather images and image permissions for editorial articles and features, as well as marketing campaigns.
- Oversees the maintenance of artist bios.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years experience working in an online editorial or journalistic publication with a deadline continuous environment
- Ability to communicate quickly and efficiently, problem-solve strategically, and keep relevant stakeholders informed on ongoing projects
- Strong visual eye for what makes an image compelling and experience laying out and conceptualizing the way stories are told visually
- Extremely detail-oriented, and no task is too small
- Excellent project and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize your work efficiently
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of or demonstrated interest in contemporary art and the art market
- You are currently located in New York City
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
Please share 1–2 recent writing samples (ideally links to published articles online). To apply, please submit your application here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
- For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
- Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
- Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
- Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
- Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.