Project Manager, Global Strategic Partnerships
The Global Strategic Partnership Relations (GSPR) Project Manager oversees relationships with art fairs, gallery weekends, and other art world entities around the world. With both project management and account management skills, this individual is responsible for the success and execution of strategic partnerships, ensuring both partner happiness as well as B2B and B2C value for Artsy.
The primary objective for this role is ensuring adherence to contractual agreements. In doing this, this professional produces all aspects of the digital presence of strategic partnerships on Artsy using various content management systems and established processes. Additionally, this professional will serve as a contributor to a Regional Working Group for United Kingdom (UK) & Middle East and Africa (MEA), a cross-team effort to identify, brainstorm, prioritize and successfully implement initiatives that support a customized strategy for business development in these regions.
- Manage a minimum of 25 partnerships per year with fairs, gallery weekends, and/or other entities, across regions and specialties and depending on the needs of the team. Oversee multiple consecutive relationships and deliver upon contractual agreements with art world partners around the world.
- Establish, develop, and bolster relationships with partners, encouraging adherence to contractual obligations, while simultaneously optimizing for relationship health.
- Actively and frequently communicate with partners about expectations, project milestones, technical requirements, and production of marketing assets. Be available year-round for meetings and conversations leading up to renewal of partnerships, managing relationships to ensure consistency in tone and approach.
- Ensure partner keeps work within scope of agreement and ensure the delivery of cross-promotion in alignment with Artsy’s brand and message.
- Create and actively manage timeline, budget and list of deliverables for each relationship. Ensure that deadlines are met, expenses are kept within budget, and that any marketing assets meet both Artsy branding and technical requirements as well as any fair requirements.
- Advocate for partner internally and serve as liaison between client and cross-functional teams at Artsy (Gallery Relations, Gallery Partnerships, Design, Marketing, Experiential, etc.). Actively communicate partner goals to Artsy collaborators.
- Responsible for digital presence of strategic partnerships on Artsy, including the creation of microsite and profile pages on desktop and mobile, as well as the production of promotional materials like banners, emails, and social media.
- Retroactively assess success and impact of partnership to derive learnings and improve for next edition. Report comprehensively both internally and externally following the close of each partnership.
- As needed, serve as the project manager in executing a tailored in-person experience. This may include a customized marketing campaign, field marketing booth, special project, signage, or event. Coordination of these presences may involve managing Artsy staff, vendors and contractors.
- Serve as a contributor to a Regional Working Group for United Kingdom (UK) & Middle East and Africa (MEA), a cross-team effort to identify, brainstorm, prioritize and successfully implement initiatives that support a customized strategy for business development in these regions.
- Must be authorized to work in the UK
- Highly articulate with a solution-based approach, enjoys working across different teams in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change, with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of handling pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with relationship management, ideally within the fine art world
- Highly analytical; can creatively implement each partner’s program online and has experience assessing results in order to optimize and improve.
- Ability to visualize complex processes and long-term planning
- Experience managing projects, including creation of schedules and budgets, strategic planning and special initiative development through project and program management
- The ideal candidate for this position has a BA in Art History and 4+ years of work experience in the contemporary art world or at a marketing, design or consulting firm
- Familiarity with how art fairs, gallery weekends, and other art world events work and who their audiences are.
- Passion for the art market and providing access to collectors and art enthusiasts around the world
- Cultural sensitivity
- Fluency in foreign languages (particularly Arabic, German, French, or Italian) and experience working with constituencies from around the world is a plus.
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our London offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.