At Artsy, People are Paramount. As one of our core values, we believe in people and we spend an extraordinary amount of energy to find the best person in the world for a particular role, treating them like the CEO of that role once they are hired. As Recruiter, you will help us drive a value that is essential to maintaining Artsy’s culture of inspired individuals working together to create a world where art is as popular as music.
In support of our massive growth efforts as we expand accessibility to the art market, we seek a Recruiter to help source and hire talent across the entire business. You will be working directly with business stakeholders and hiring managers to understand our hiring needs and will actively source the proper talent within the tech and art world to fit our open opportunities. You are highly empathetic, understand how to match talent to opportunities, and are able to assess candidate skills, motivations and potential for growth. You thrive in a fast paced environment, can work closely with multiple stakeholders and can manage a high volume of open roles during a particularly steep phase of growth. You will be responsible for maintaining a high bar for both candidate experience and quality of hire. Ultimately, you care about people and are motivated to safeguard our values as we expand.
- Sourcing and Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent across Sales & Marketing, Product, Design & Engineer, Finance & Operations, and our Galleries, Fairs and Institutions businesses.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from outreach, candidate experience and management, through to offer and close.
- Candidate Management: Advise and guide hiring managers on properly managing candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database and accurately tag and organize talent within our CRM. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication
- Offer Management: Salary expectation management and ability to clearly communicate monetary and non-monetary offer complexities to candidates
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Artsy employee networks.
- 3+ years of experience; recruitment agency + internal recruitment experience is ideal
- Experience actively sourcing talent across various platforms (ie LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Github Angellist)
- Strong talent network and understanding of tech and art world talent
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Deep affinity for sales and talent management
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications interpersonal skills and a positive, solution-based approach to collaboration
This position is full-time and starts immediately in our Manhattan offices. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.