Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for full-time Sales Executives who will engage with galleries across North and South America / Europe, Middle East and Africa / and the Asia Pacific— educating and consulting with them on their online presence and digital strategy, ultimately winning new business for Artsy.
The New Business Team defines and pitches Artsy's value prop to galleries, driving subscription revenue to sustain Artsy's long-term mission of expanding the art market to support more artists and art in the world. This is a target-oriented team where your contributions have a direct impact on Artsy’s bottom line. Working on the New Business Team is a unique opportunity to expand Artsy’s global gallery network and be on the front lines of powering Artsy’s business goals
What You'll Do:
- Consistently hit monthly and quarterly targets for new gallery revenue
- Generate outbound leads via cold calling and email campaigns
- Carrying out the full sales cycle from initial outreach to closing business
- Building and managing a full sales pipeline (using Salesforce & Outreach) while maintaining high conversion rates on Inbound and Outbound funnel
- Ability to identify and overcome objections throughout the full sales cycle
- Timely and thoughtful follow-up to establish trust and strong relationships with your prospects
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- You are currently based in New York City.
- Approximately 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience in B2B or marketplace sales or in account management with proven success in client retention and upsells, and/or customer acquisition
- Consultative, solutions-focussed salesperson, putting customer needs at the heart of every pitch
- Appetite and aptitude for negotiation
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Comfortable managing communication and outreach across a diverse target client-base
- Highly organized and able to manage sales pipeline efficiently and effectively; strong time management skills
- Metrics-driven and results-oriented
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This position is full-time, and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.