Senior Auction Partnerships Manager
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking an experienced and driven Senior Manager with familiarity with Nonprofits, Auction Houses and the Secondary Market.
The Artsy Auction Partnerships team brings on and manages our Benefit Auction and Commercial Auction House partners. Artsy offers a centralized online platform for our partners to promote auctions, expand their client base, maximize bids, and support auction operations with our suite of cloud-based and mobile tools.
As our Senior Auction Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for managing top tier partnerships, stewarding relationships, and expanding collaborations. The ideal candidate has a strong business development record, close attention to detail and strong organizational abilities, and honed interpersonal and communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Artsy Auction team leadership and the Auction Partnerships team to achieve auction cadence, support OKRs, and manage calendar of sales.
- Collaborate with Auction Enablement and Auction Collector Services teams to manage benefit auction and commercial auction partner accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Understand partner needs and use Biz Dev opportunities to drive innovation in processes and opportunities.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully aware of the state of each partner’s expectations and needs, and communicate business and partnership updates.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Artsy on cross-team initiatives, and integrate Auction Partners into team-wide projects.
- Research nonprofit and auction house market and stay abreast of developments and opportunities in the auction business - sales, revenue, categories and calendar.
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- You are currently located in New York City, CA, CT, IL, MA, MN, NC, NH, NJ, NM, OH, RI, or WA
- 5+ years of experience in the art market
- Highly effective and compelling verbal and written communicator with a strong sense of empathy
- Efficient and organized self-starter
- Able to manage multiple relationships and deadlines at different points in their lifecycles
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
ARTSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE. WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, AND VETERAN STATUS.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.